"No, but-"

"It's fine Ty. Trust me. I'm older anyways. Responsibility really." I told the clerk I have size six and a half and she handed me a brand new pair of black shoes.

"Can I get your shoes when you put these on? I know it's a stupid rule but it seems to make my manager feel better." I smiled, and kicked my shoes off before handing them to her, and she set them under her counter.

          "Thank you." Tyler huffed and sat down next to me on the bench and we prepared our feet for the harsh task of bowling. Or easy. I wouldn't know. I have never been bowling before as I previously mentioned.

We went to our lane and Ty let me go first, which might have been a nice gesture but I had no idea what I was doing. But of course I went ahead and grabbed the ball, putting my fingers in the slots and pulled my arm back to toss it or whatever the term is for doing this. I gasped as it slipped from my fingers, hitting the floor behind me with a harsh thump, and then the ball decided to crash into my heel. I yelped pulling my foot up to avoid any more pain, but my foot caught the ball, rolling back and causing my balance to leave me.

          With a bit of trouble I stood up, ignoring Tyler who appeared to be in pain from laughing so hard. I could practically hear the snicker of the bowling pins from across the room.

"Your move."

          Tyler silently stood up and grabbed a ball. He took a deep breath and let go. The ball somehow managed to knock down all pins but one, and I was astonished at this talent that Ty seemed to have.

Who's laughing now? Sara snickered, referring to my hallucinatory laughing pins.

          I highfived Ty, who in turn asked me to go get food. It's ten in the morning and he wants bowling ally food? Of course I agreed coming back with a half pizza and a giant thing of nachos.  He had gotten the pin knocked down and I smirked at him.

"Hey Tyler! What's up man?" Another teenager came up to us, with a few friends tagging behind him. He seemed to know him pretty well, and the conversation flowed naturally.

          "Just bowling with Kaitlyn."

"Are you...?" He raised his eyebrows at Ty.

          "What?! Of course not. Kaitlyn's my cousin." The tension radiating from the girl peeking behind the man talking to Ty behind him seemed to disappear and I smiled at the gorgeous, dark skinned brunette.

"Oh that's chill. 'Nessa just did that one thing." He got pinched by who I assumed was his sister, seeing as they have same eyes and facial structure, not to mention skin tone.

'Nessa' caught Ty's unwavering stare, and blushed looking down.

"So yeah...so we are going bowling to cheer her up 'ya know?"

          "Sure do. Do you wanna join our game? We just started and I am the only one to have actually have knocked down any pins." Tyler smirked and I just growled returning to the booth where our food was sitting and started picking at the nachos. Ty just jumped over the back, landing on the cushioned seat, and his friends joined us. The other guy who was human as compared to the wolves who came in with him, winked at me with a smirk on his face, sliding into the booth next to me.

"Hey" he murmured, and I shrank into Tyler a teeny bit.

          "Hello."

"So do you live around here?" He put his arm on the booth back, and I rigidly shook my head a no.