Chapter III: United States Marine Corps

Start from the beginning

2 Hours Later
(1600 Hours tracked for Earth Time)

The marine camp was set up by the Seabees with the most minimal configuration due to time constraints and to maintain additional secrecy about the mission by making do of what they brought over and not asking for more materials for the meantime which might draw more unwanted attention from the media.

It was set up on the beach where the USS Cole was anchored offshore. The perimeter was marked by six M240G Machine Guns mounted on M122 Tripods on specific points within a barricade of sandbags with foxholes hastily dug in for the sentries manning the guns.  They had found spare guns and decided to use that for perimeter defense until those could be hopefully replaced by the M2HB .50 BMGs. 

Tents were being erected even in the dead of night, as time was of the essence.

Essential equipment, such as basic radar and radio, were set up in order to help get early detection in case anything or anyone tries to approach. To bolster that, four watchtowers, with lights installed, were previously set up by the Seabees, with two marines on each armed with M14s and M16A3 rifles to stand guard and serve as lookouts. Every piece of electronic and electrical hardware were powered by a diesel generator brought ashore. They didn't have satellites on Azeroth yet, so they had to make do with the bare-bones approach the US did in World War II.

The four high elves watched in awe the entire time on how their new allies had quickly set up base camp, giving them hope of holding out against the undead and the opportunistic Amani forest trolls.

As if fate decided to sprinkle this evening with mischief, the former was about to be spotted.

"Sir! We've detected multiple readings just ahead of us."

The elves with their sensitive hearing and ability to sense magical energy recognized the foul stench of necromantic energy accompanied by the wailing and grunting from afar, alerting them.

"It's the undead! They're preparing to attack! We must be ready to defend ourselves!!!"

"Excuse me, miss. But how would you know-"

"Sir!! You might wanna take a look at this!" a Private talked through the radio

"What is it, marine?"

"I don't know, but I'm seeing a shitload of zombies and monsters, sir! They're headed straight for us!!!!"

The Lt. Col. and the Agent looked at them and then gave the orders to the SEALs and Marines, including the Raiders, to ready themselves. As the first undead came into view, machine guns and marksman rifles sounded off into the night.

"Oh God, there's too many of them!"

"Keep spraying! We're not wasting bullets, anyway!"

Some saw newly-risen undead in the place of those recently killed. 

"Still think we're not wasting bullets????!!!!"

The high elves decided to leave the tent and try to see what was going on. Lylia headed up the watchtower.

"Hey! What are you-" 

She then spotted some necromancers and told the Pvt. to do something "Kill those necromancers! They'll keep raising more undead the more they stay around!"

"What do they look like??"

"The ones that are casting spells, with staffs and cloaks!"

The Pvt. saw her point, and immediately went to inform his superiors.

"Sir! We should shoot those necromancers!"

"Necro-what?"

"Necromancers. They're wearing cloaks and carrying some magic sticks or something, and they're the ones raising more of those undead!"