Chapter III: United States Marine Corps

Start from the beginning

"Now that makes sense... but I wonder how they got that runner past the eyes of every news network in the country."

"Save the chit-chat for later, ladies. Y'all gonna find out when we get there. Pack up and get your asses on those Widowmakers!" a Staff Sgt. reminded them once he noticed their little chat

The marines were boarding the MV-22 Ospreys that were readying up for departure, and the flight took a little over half an hour to get to Chesapeake Bay, where the Coast Guard and Navy continued to stay on watch.

"The Corps will be securing the area the Navy stumbled onto, and it's our job to eliminate any immediate threat that could get past the destroyer, because if we fail, we would've basically served the Capitol right to any enemy force on the other side. For that, I'll say a lil prayer for everyone.

Dear God in Heaven,

Whatever comes our way, we shall prevail. Whatever harm tries to befall our country, we shall fight to the death to defend it. We ask for your divine intervention as we step foot in a new land, and we humbly ask for your guidance. The United States Marine Corps shall be under your loving care, and we trust in you.

Amen.

Now get your asses in that portal and bring on hell! Semper Fi!"

"OORAH!!!!!!!"

Azeroth
Off the coast of Quel'Thalas
(1400 Hours tracked for Earth Time)

The Ospreys slowly entered the portal one by one in order to compensate for the rather small size, with the last to enter being the USS Wasp.

"Sir, marines are arriving."

"Good. At least we can have some backup."

The USMC was given orders to help the Navy gain ground, and prepare a site for a FOB (Forward Operating Base). To help ensure that, they would gain intel from their soon-to-be-introduced elven allies.

The Marines, along with the incoming Ospreys and LHD, looked imposing to the quel'dorei, and with the aid of the SEAL and Raider Teams, it'll be somewhat manageable.

"Alright, listen up. We got orders from Command that we are going to set up a FOB on the beach area ahead of us. So, the only thing we need to know is what we're facing." Lt. Col. Christian stated

"We faced a bunch of undead. Shitloads of 'em behind that beachhead." A SEAL with the callsign Doc spoke up

Lt. Col. Christian then noticed the quel'dorei who were beside the sailors near the navigation controls. He raised his eyebrows in doubt and disbelief.

"Excuse me, but um, are they civilians dressed up in costumes or cosplay or whatever that is?"

"No, sir. They're elves. REAL elves."

"Hmm... might need a lil bit of an adjustment period..."

"So, this is Lenara and Lylia, then Zanavar, Yaeron and Aurina."

After the marines got at least partially acquainted with the fact that they were in a hostile new world that's filled with a lot of creatures only thought to exist within fantasy, they were given the reminder that they will need to be careful. The orders were relayed to both CIA Agent Parker and Lt. Col. Christian via the latter sharing it, and that the specified orders for the former were more on the side for intel gathering but was instructed to aid in the FOB's creation and upkeep. 

The SEALs were going to be accompanied by one company from the 1st MRB, totaling the manpower to 18. Their objective was to recon for high value targets and the landscape in order to help facilitate the offensive later on.