2

"Hey Kim, pass me the screwdriver"

I heard Gemma's voice the moment I entered into the garage. She was working under the a black car, her feet could be seen.

I took the tool from the table and tossed it over. She got it and continued to work.

"Diavolo isn't in good mood today. Get changed and get to work if you don't wanna get fired, Kim"

She was still under the car. I couldn't afford to lose this job because this was the only job I had unlike some other students who did multiple jobs yet managed to score high while I was suffering with one job and passing average.

As a mechanic, it paid well enough to feed myself. Undoubtedly all the credit goes to my father for teaching me for which I was immediately hired. Being a mechanic needs some skills that are not possible for everyone to learn immediately which was an advantage for me.

However Mr.Choi aka diavolo according to Gemma was not one of the people I really adored. He was indeed scary with that long moustache. His cold aura was never liked by any of the workers for sure.

The bathroom stall was small there. I quickly changed into my work uniform and headed out, ignoring the throbbing pain inside my head.

However the moment I stepped out of the bathroom stall there was standing my dear manager nim in his all glory.

I gulped knowing something was definitely about to happen. First of all, I was on leave for two days and then I was late today.

"Kim Taehyung"

His voice stern and cold.

"Yes boss?"

I replied in low voice. The throbbing pain grew more and suddenly everything started spinning. I tried focusing on the voice of the manager but it was too much to take in.

And the next thing I knew was Mr.Choi calling my name before I blacked out.

I woke up with a little headache, a lot less than before though. It seemed peaceful lying and eyes closed. University, work, study, Jimin, Harin, everyone, everything seemed irrelevant right now.

Just me and my bed nothing else.

Not even Jungkook or the bab-

JUNGKOOK AND THE BABY!

Suddenly I jolted up, sweating vigorously when I realised it was not my bed, not even a bed! Just a rogue mattress!

Some pair of eyes stared into my soul, two of them being Gemma's and Mr.Choi's.

"Everyone go back to work except Gemma"

Mr. Choi uttered and everyone followed.

I was still unable to process everything.

"What happened..?"

I managed to ask between heavy breaths.

"You fainted"

Gemma replied, worry written all over her face.

"If you're unable to work Taehyung, you shouldn't have come"

Mr.Choi uttered again, surprisingly in a softer voice.

"I..."

My voice died down and throat went dry. The realisation suddenly hit me that I fainted at my work.

"I'm okay..I didn't realise.. I'd faint like this.. I'm sorry boss. This won't happen in future"

I tried to defend me, hopeful it'd work.

"I'm strict Taehyung, not a monster. You can go back and take leave for another day"

Before I could say something he continued,

"No, you don't have to thank me. Just work 3 extra days next month. That's all."

I kept my mouth shut, not having enough energy to argue anyway.

"Gemma, help him out and then go back to work. See you tomorrow, Taehyung"

And then he left.

"Fuckin diavolo. Another day leave my ass. If you have to work extra days then how the fuck it's leave?!"

Gemma shouted, not loud enough to reach to others.

I just shrugged. I felt sore and didn't want to talk. I only wanted to go back to my apartment and never face the world again.

"But seriously Kim. You look as if you've been chased by a zombie. Did you not sleep last night or the nights before?"

No, I didn't. The constant throwing up kept me up all night and in the morning, it was worse. But I couldn't tell that to anyone. Jimin only knew I kind of had fever. That's all.

"I'm just tired. University is sucking the life out of me, you know."

Gemma made a disgusted face. Her tattoos popped up under her sleeves. An open cage with a flying bird and some quotes about freedom and life. They made her tanned skin very attractive.

Gemma was a great fellow. She was always there to help me out at work. I was her partner in badmouthing Mr.Choi. She left Italy with her father at the age of 9 and came here to settle down when her Italian mother passed away from pneumonia. Her father slowly got into depression after her mother's death and became an alcoholic.

So, she started working at the early age of 14. Radom jobs here and here before stumbling upon this garage. She's been working here for 4 years now and was a good worker with great experience. And eversince I started working here, she had always been a great help and friend.

Last year when her remaining family member, her father passed away, she became really quite unlike her usual nature. However when I tried consoling her, she only told me one thing,

"I'm happy for him. He got freedom finally. I hope he gets united with momma now. He loved her so much. They were absolutely made for each other. It's very painful to live alone Kim, when your other half is not with you anymore"

She was very much understandable and absolutely a sweetheart under her tough demeanor.

She was one of the few who knew about me being gay. I was scared at first however she looked absolutely fine with it.

"You know Kim, I had a boyfriend once in highschool. The affair lasted for like 2 weeks because he was a piece of shit, a total fuck boy. I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and broke up when I caught him fucking another girl. Some boys are really piece of shit. You gotta choose your love interest wisely"

She was a nice girl. I hope she'd get what she deserves.

"Hell no! That's why I dropped out. I can listen to diavolo once but not all those professors several times a day. Poor you, you've to suffer so much"

Yeah poor me.