"Papyrus, you look…normal," Frisk said in surprise.

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen you without your armor on," Undyne said. "You look good."

"Why, thank you," Papyrus said. "The goal is to look as unintimidating as possible! Nyeh heh heh! Now, let's begin our session. Wait a second…neither of you are sitting right."

"What are you talking about?" Undyne asked.

"You have to lie on your backs with you heads on the arms of the couch."

"Why?"

"Because that's what patients do in every picture of patients and doctors in therapy sessions in the book. We have to do that for the therapy to be effective. Besides, we don't have a fainting couch."

Although they were confused, Frisk and Undyne laid back on the opposite sides of the couch.

"Alright, now, all I need is a chair," Papyrus said. "Hold on a second."

Papyrus quickly ran into the kitchen and came back out with a chair from their kitchen table.

"Alright, guys," Papyrus said pulling out his chair and dramatically sitting down on it. "Now, where do we begin?"

"You're the one who has been reading that book," Undyne said. "Why don't you tell us?"

"Right, of course," Papyrus said pulling out the book and flipping through for the right place to read from again. "Let's see…cures…cures…cures…here we go. According to this, everyone has three basic psychological needs: self-worth, intimacy with others, and intimacy with the Divine…"

"Well, let's see," Undyne said. "I love myself and I have plenty of friends, but the Man Upstairs and I are not on the best terms. What exactly does intimacy with the Divine One mean?"

"I'm not sure. I haven't started that chapter yet."

"Well, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna look for some ancient scriptures like the kid mentioned. Do you know where any might be?"

"You can check in my room or go to the library if you don't find any there."

"Okay!" Undyne yelled loudly as she immediately bolted into Papyrus' room.

"As for you, Frisk," Papyrus said. "I think you're the opposite. Sans said you've already been talking to the Divine, so we need to work on your sense of self-worth and your ability to identify with other people."

"How do we do that?" Frisk asked.

"Uh…" Papyrus said. "I don't know…Let me think for a minute."

"OH, MY GOD!" they heard Undyne yell from Papyrus' bedroom. "THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!"

"Have you found the ancient scriptures, Undyne?!" Papyrus yelled.

"No, I found your manga collection! Why haven't you told me about these?! I have never seen any of these stories before! You're not supposed to hide anything from your captain!"

"I'm not done reading them yet. I didn't want you to take them and never give them back."

"Why would I do that?"

"You lost the last manga I let you borrow before I finished."

"Well, whatever. Don't bug me. I have reading to do!"

"Undyne, you're supposed to be getting closer to God."

"These manga have spiritual themes. One of them has angels in them! I'll read them and meditate or whatever later."

"Okay, I guess that works."

"Papyrus?" Frisk asked skeptically. "Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I don't know, but it's best not to argue with her," Papyrus said quickly. "Now, getting back to you, do you have a good sense of self-worth?"

"What does self-worth even mean?"

"Hold on. Let me check the glossary."

Papyrus flipped through the book until he reached the glossary at the end and said, "Here, it is. Self-worth is the opinion you have about yourself and the value you place on yourself. So, do you have a good opinion of yourself that results in you valuing yourself highly?"

Frisk thought for a moment, but he finally had to say, "I don't know."

"What?" Papyrus asked. "Do you care to explain why? The book says that's an important thing to ask."

Frisk rolled over so that he was looking at Papyrus and said, "The ancient scriptures say that every creature is valuable because they are created by the Holy One, especially the humans and the monsters who were made in His image. I know that, but I don't feel that valuable. I still feel like a screw-up who shouldn't be around anyone besides you guys."

"But I thought you didn't want to die anymore."

"I don't. I mean, He forgave me and told me to live and show mercy and stuff, but I don't know what to do yet. The only thing I really want to do is get my backpack back."

"What do you mean?"

"He left his backpack on top of the mountain before he fell," Undyne yelled down from Papyrus' room. "His Dad's mp3 player is in it, and he really wants to get it back."

"Oh, thanks," Papyrus yelled back to her. "That doesn't sound too hard. Frisk, when you're better, how about we take you back to where you fell to get your backpack?"

Frisk sat up, looked at Papyrus, and said, "You'd really help me do that? You'd really help me get it back?! Even if it meant fighting Asgore?!"

"Well, Asgore's a real softy," Papyrus said. "I'm sure he'd understand, but even if he doesn't, I'll still go with you as long as we come back…"

"Of course," Frisk said letting his legs hang over the couch. "I don't have anyone on the surface. I'm happier down here than I was up there. That backpack is the only thing I want to get. Then, we can come back."

"Okay then, Frisk," Papyrus said standing up, walking over to Frisk, lifting him up in his arms, and sounding more resolute than ever. "I will help you get your backpack back. That is a promise."

Frisk smiled with tears in his eyes and his HP went up by another point. In response, Papyrus gave him a hug.

"Hey?" Undyne asked from the top of the stairs holding a manga in her hand. "What gives? I told you I would be willing to cross the barrier with you to get your backpack."

"I'm sorry," Frisk said. "I didn't know if you meant it or not."

"Well, I do, punk," Undyne said. "I'm going with you, too. Hell, I'll train you in preparation! How does that sound?"

"Okay," Frisk said before he noticed that Papyrus was not letting him go. "Papyrus, you can put me down now."

"No," Papyrus replied.