17 | Fixing Things

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay?"

"I don't know, Ken. It's been a long time since I have done this and I guess ... I guess I'm nervous," Isadora told her.

"You can do this. I know you can, Isa. Just go out there and have fun," Kendra said. Isadora nodded before making her way onstage as the audience clapped and as the performance began, Isadora was feeling incredibly nervous and she stumbled through her words a few times and as she got closer to the first song she had to perform, she felt her nerves growing. It had been a long time since had sung in front of an audience and she hoped she would do okay. As the music for the first song started playing, Isadora looked over towards Kendra, who nodded and smiled at Isadora, and the blonde took a deep breath before she lifted her microphone and started singing the song she had written for this musical.

I can feel you coming from a mile away. My pulse starts racing from the words that you say and you say so many of them like you don't have a clue that I'm signed, sealed and delivered with a stamp on.

As Isadora sang, Kendra clapped along with the rest of the audience and Isadora looked over at her best friend and smiled, feeling a little more confident in her singing and as she continued, the audience clapped along and cheered.

You don't have to try too hard, you already have my heart. You don't got a thing to prove, I'm already into you. So, hold, hold, hold, hold me tight now cause I'm so good, so good to go. Don't say, don't say goodnight, you know, you had me at hello.

"Yeah, Is!" Billy cheered loudly as the blonde sang. Hearing the sound of his voice amongst the audience, Isadora lowered her microphone and looked out into the crowd before her eyes landed on Billy, who was standing on his feet and cheering loudly, louder than anyone else in the audience. As she looked at him, a small smile crossed her face and despite everything, Isadora was happy that he had come along tonight. As Kendra watched her best friend, she saw Isadora had frozen at seeing Billy being here to watch the blonde perform.

"Come on, Isa," Kendra muttered. Isadora hesitated for a moment before she lifted her microphone back up and continued singing, the audience cheering loudly as she did.

"Wow, I didn't know Is could sing," Steve commented as the blond sang, her energy and confidence growing with every word she sang. Amongst the crowd sat Ellie Hopper and Robin Buckley, as well as Beatrix Hargrove, who had heard about Billy's plan and had managed to get a ticket so she could come and see the performance. As Isadora finished singing, the entire audience burst into applause and the blonde smiled before she quickly hurried offstage and made her way over to where Kendra stood.

"B-Billy's here," Isadora said softly.

"Hey, don't let him throw you off because you're doing amazing," Kendra reassured her best friend. Isadora nodded before she made her way back onstage to finishing performing and for the rest of the show, she performed and sang with confidence. After the performance was finished, Isadora made her way backstage and Jacqueline hurried over to the blonde, immediately flinging her arms around Isadora, catching her by surprise.

"You were amazing, Isadora! You should really start considering auditioning for roles."

"Oh, uh — I really prefer being stage manager, but thank you," Isadora smiled, as she hugged Jacqueline tightly.

"You were amazing, Isadora," Tom said and Isadora let go of Jacqueline and looked over to see the boy approaching her with a bunch of flowers in his arms.

"Oh, uh, t-thanks" Isadora mumbled in response as she took the flowers from him. Tom went to hug her but Isadora took a step back and hesitantly smiled at him as she thanked him for the flowers before she heard music playing and as she heard Billy's voice filling the school hall, Isadora placed the flowers down and walked towards the stage.