Chapter 28: Sincerely Yours

Start from the beginning

Kazutora then looked up to face Takemichi again, furrowing his eyebrows a bit in seriousness.

"But that's why I'm sure of just one thing. Neither Mikey nor Nana has changed. They are not someone who would show their vulnerable side to others. They keep everything inside themselves. The way Mikey and Nana are living now... isn't the path they chose for themselves." Kazutora continued and Takemichi's eyes widened in realization.

Yeah. That's right... All we need to do is extend a helping hand to them. Even if I cannot go back to the past, we can just search for them here. No matter how long it takes...

"I have got you, Takemichi Hanagaki... I wanna do this, especially for Baji and Nana..." Kazutora stated in a determined tone. "Let's start off by hitting up some old pals."

And hearing this a smile formed on Takemichi's face. He was just happy and relieved by the fact that someone familiar was backing him up.

"You got it." The time-leaper replied and to which Kazutora grinned back in response.

"I at least want to see them, you know?" Kazutora added and Takemichi's eyes sparkled up in hope and enthusiasm.

"Yeah!"

June 19th 2018

Months later, on June 19, 2018, Akkun was giving Takemichi a haircut, while Takemichi lamented his lack of progress in finding Mikey and Nana. Telling Takemichi not to become stressed, Akkun said that although their friends were looking for information on Bonten, it was hard to come by, as Boten was such a dangerous organization. Takemichi told Akkun to let their friends stop looking, which surprised Akkun, who asked if Takemichi was giving up. Takemichi swore he would find Nana and Mikey no matter how long it would take, as he had learned that he could achieve anything if he didn't give up.

And right at that moment, suddenly, Takemichi received a phone call from Hakkai, who was back in Japan from Paris and over the phone, the former 2nd Division Vice-Captain suggested that they should go and open the time capsule tonight. After getting the phone call, Takemichi and others later gathered around in front of Musashi Shrine later that night.

Even when they turned into the night... Mikey-kun and Nana-chan still hadn't shown up...

"Not much we can do about it..." Draken stated with a saddened smile. "Let's open that box already."

"It's pretty heartless, huh? We haven't heard from them in so many years and they forgot about today. To be honest, I didn't expect this from Nana at the very least..." Peh-yan commented with a small sigh and this caused Takemichi and Chifuyu to give Baji a worried look who was standing beside Draken with a stoic yet soft expression.

"Let's hurry up and open this baby." Pah-chin chimed in with a toothy grin. "I wanna see what's inside."

"I wonder what we put in it. Do you remember, Taka-chan?" Hakkai asked, smiling as well.

"I remember nothing..." Mitsuya replied with a shrug.

Soon they dug out the time capsule from under the tree and opened the lid of the box.

"Woah!! This really brings me back!!" Chifuyu exclaimed in joy as he held a book in his hands.

"Huh? A book about airplanes?" Takemichi asked as he looked over at the item in Chifuyu's grip.

"Yeah. It was my dream back then to become a pilot." Chifuyu responded with a smile.

"Hah, that's a childish dream." Hakkai teased with a grin.