Chapter 5

Please read the note at the end
—————————————————————-

THE MEN OF LETTERS BUNKER, SATURDAY, 3:08 A.M.

Dean sighed, cracking his knuckles and rolling his neck before letting out a long groan. He had been sat in the same chair, at the same table, in the same position, for hours. Dozens of books and documents were spread out in front of him. He had read through and scanned over thousands of words, yet he found nothing that would help Deaton's situation.

"Dean."

The eldest Winchester lifted his head to find Sam standing at the top of the stairs, arms crossed and a serious expression plastered on his face.

"You should take a break," Sam said. "It's late."

He didn't want him to. He wanted him to keep researching, to keep looking for any bit of information that would be of use to Deaton. Any little detail would give Sam a better chance of finally meeting the man his mother seemed worthy of being her closest friend, someone she trusted enough to single-handedly protect her children when no one else could.

However, if Dean didn't stop now, he would overwork himself to the point where he'd be sleeping all day and be awake all night. That was not only bad for his mental and physical help but also all the people he promised to keep safe from the evil of the supernatural word.

"It's late," Sam said. "Pick it back up in the morning."

"It is technically morning," Dean said slowly, flipping to the next page of the book in his hands.

"Dean," Sam said, a little more sternly.

Dean sighed, closing the book, saying, "fine. Just let me clean up a little."

Sam watched his brother for a moment before nodding and tiredly heading back to his room. Dean piled up the dozens of books and papers in front of him before pulling out his phone and going straight to his contacts. His finger hovered over the call button for Alan Deaton. He thought for a few more seconds before pressing the thumb against the button and holding the device up to his ear.

It rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And rang.

And then it went to voicemail, just as Dean expected.

"Hey," Dean began right after the annoying beeping noise that signaled his voice was being recorded sounded. "I couldn't find much. Everything kept leading my back to mediums and psychics, but I don't think that's what this is based off what you've told me. I'll keep looking, but I doubt I'll find out much else without meeting this kid in person. Alright, bye."

The man sighed as he ended the call before tossing his phone onto the table. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes, thinking.

"I've got a bad feeling this is a lot deeper than I wanna get into," Dean muttered, eyeing the framed picture stationed yards away from him that he had been glancing at every few minutes for the past several hours.

[EDITED]

—————————————————
I know. It's short. I warned you, but I'll be thankful if you're still here

Also, I'm going to post this here just to get it out more. The top choices for Stiles love interest in this book are Alec (7 votes), Derek (4 votes), Paul (3 votes), and Jacob (1 vote). These are the ooole that for the most/any votes, and you can vote for one of them here or on the [IMPORTANT] authors note in my book, Bonds, where there is a few more choices that I'd consider writing but haven't gotten any votes so far