Cloudy Weather

✩ ~ ✩ ~ ✩

It was a chilly afternoon. Tiny droplets of water splatter upon the earth's dirt. It was a bit hazy outside, the wind was subtle and quiet. Normal people didn't like this type of weather.

However, in a certain classroom, there was a completely different atmosphere. It was after lunch and students were buzzing around the room. Laughs bounced off from every corner of the room. While most socialize with others, some keep to themselves.

Behind all the chaos, red and white hair stood out at the back of the room. It belonged to a boy named Todoroki Shoto. He was sitting quietly, staying aloof. He was keeping himself busy by playing with his nails.

A shout was heard. Nonchalantly, Todoroki raised his head to check out who it belonged to. Although, he already has an assumption about who it is.

His blond-haired classmate seemed heated, but his other classmates were laughing around him. Todoroki never cared to find out his classmate's names, he ended up forgetting them.

The boy was fuming, his eyebrows were furrowed together, and was sneering. He grabbed the shoulders of a red spiky-haired boy, his hair identical to his blond classmate.

Restless heterochromatic eyes were staring at him, another harsh yell coming from the blond boy. As he watches from the sidelines, he acknowledges the fact he can never see himself so angry as the situation upon him.

It's normal to see Todoroki Shoto wearing his signature look, his stoic face. He's known for that. That's why it terrifies others whenever the opposite happens.

The other day, most of class 1-A were hanging out in the common room. During an amusing conversation, Todoroki went downstairs and overheard them. They were comparing smiles from everyone.

They noticed Todoroki and asked for his smile. After some encouragement, the boy smiled. Well, that's what he thought he did. Their reactions weren't so positive he will say compared to the one with the guy with green hair. They were immediately dissatisfied with the result. A girl with small horns told him to work on his smile, that it looked creepy and not so cute.

That shouldn't have hit hard as it did, but after he went back to his dorm, he couldn't help but feel a bit down from that comment.

It reminded him of multiple moments from his childhood. Maybe around 7 years old, he was.

"Give me a big smile!" An older girl said, her left index finger pointing at her rosy cheeks, showing off her big smile. She was holding an old camera with her right hand, ready to take a photo. Todoroki nodded slightly, and started to show her a crooked smile. Which made fuyumi's smile shrink a bit. After some time of Fuyumi explaining how to smile to her younger brother, her father walked unnoticed into the room, and gave Todoroki a strict punishment after that.

Or

His father would say, "Those emotions you see in those kids, are the reason why they would never surpass All Might"

Or

"Hide your emotions, Shoto!" He yelled as he smacked Todoroki on the back of his head with a  wooden pole "Don't show weakness like the women of this household" He gave another smack however, it was to his legs. Which struck the weary boy down. "Don't show how vulnerable you are!"

This would repeat for a few months until Todoroki got the hang of being reserved. Unfortunately, that mindset stuck with him for years. Even though most people would have hated it, it helped him tolerate his dreadful training with his father.

Coming back to the current event, Todoroki can't help but feel envious towards the annoyed boy. He has the freedom to express his emotions, to show everyone what he's feeling. Which is mostly anger. Not just him, but a green-haired boy is able to cry uncontrollably without anyone saying anything about it (excluding a certain someone yk who)

Although they have different dynamics, both students have people that support them, who like them regardless of what emotions they feel and express. Who are considered friends.

Todoroki doesn't have anyone like them.

Todoroki wants to express himself like that. He wants to yell furiously like this red-eyed classmate, he wants to cry uncontrollably like the green haired boy, he wants to smile pretty, like all his classmates. Not unsightly. He wants to be normal.

When he tries, it's immediately seen as something wrong. Something unusual from him.

Maybe it's his fault. He chose to be stern and quiet.

It's unfair, it looks weak on him.

Father would say something like that.

"HEY!" Someone yelled from across the room, interrupting Todoroki’s train of thought. He walked, (stomped) his way to the dual-haired student.

He grabbed Todoroki’s collar and slightly raised it, bringing his face closer to his. Receiving some gasps from the students that were standing by.

"Put him down Bakugou!" A girl exclaimed nearby. Other students were agreeing with the random girl. Todoroki couldn't recognize her.

"Why the fuck do you keep staring at me fuckface!" The boy yelled, making Todoroki grimace from the small drops of spit..
"You think you're so tough hah!?" He uttered, shaking Todoroki along with his continuous yelling.

His classmates were telling the angry boy to leave him alone, trying to pull his classmate away. Some were laughing and smiling, taking it as a game. Some were worried, and were constantly protesting against him.

A high piercing noise interrupted the loud chaotic atmosphere, making the agitated boy scoff, then release Todoroki's collar, which made him slide down his chair.

Todoroki could have said something, but he didn't have the energy to do so. All those thoughts drained him.

After he got himself settled into his seat, he looked outside. It was still gray outside, maybe even more dull. The tiny droplets of water from earlier were now a shower of rain.

Todoroki always loved this type of weather.

✩ ~ ✩ ~ ✩

Wow Maya updating his oneshot book after months :0

Hope you like this one, it's not edited good but yk.

It's currently 2:00 am and I love this.

Love you my comrades <33