chapter 7

3rd person, Virgil's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since Virgil found out he was pregnant with triplets. He is now 21 weeks pregnant (5 months). His symptoms included tiredness and sleeping problems, pain, dizziness and hot flashes. Roman has become so protective of him and he hardly leaves Virgil's side which Virgil hated. He wanted his personal space and socialisation is not his thing, everyone knows this. But no Roman still spends most of the time with Virgil. The time he isn't spending with Virgil, he spends setting up the nursery for three kids. Virgil didn’t want to know the genders so Roman had to make the nursery as gender neutral as possible.  Patton had started buying baby clothes and bottles, there were so many. Virgil felt like he could swim in them. Logan had been finding books on babies, triplets and parenting. Which just made Virgil feel bad because he didn't believe he could live up to the expectations of the book. Which kind of leads us up to what's happening now.

Virgil was curled up (as curled up as he can be) in his room, under all the quilts he has, crying. He was missing his session with Logan. He couldn't deal with those books telling him how bad he was going to be as a father. How stupid was he to think he could actually do this? How stupid is he to think Roman actually wants to be with a fat failure fake man like him? How could anyone put up with him? Why is he-

Virgil was cut off by a knock at the door. "Virgil, it's Logan. I'm here to check on you as you didn't turn up to our session today" Virgil tried to tell him he is fine and that Logan should go away but all that came out was a sniffle and a mumble no one could understand. "Virgil, I'm coming in" Logan walks in and sits next to the bed. "Virgil please come out from underneath the quilt. " Virgil didn't move so Logan uncovered him before taking a deep breath when he realised Virgil was crying "umm emotions. I'll go get Parton". Virgil grabs his wrist not letting him go "Ok you don't want Patton to help. How about Roman?" Virgil shakes his head, no. "You want me to help you?" Virgil nods slightly, yes. So Logan sits back down. "Ok. What seems to be the problem? I can not help you without knowing the problem first" Virgil wipes his eyes, sniffs and sits up. "Look at me. I'm fat. I'm disgusting. I can't get anything right. I'm going to fail as a father. Why does Roman love me? I'm a fake man. He should love a real man who has all the male parts. Not me. Not a disgusting fatso like me. Who is probably going to end up killing the kids. Why c-"

"Virgil, say five things you can see"

"What?"

"Your thoughts are spirling and it's making you believe these falsehoods. So please name 5 things you can see"

"Bed, you, wall, posters and photos"

"Now 4 things you can feel"

"Bed, your wrist, shirt and trousers"

"Now 3 things you can hear"

"You, birds, me"

"Now 2 things you smell"

"Your colon and the eggs patton is cooking"

"Now one thing you taste"

"Ion from the cut on my lip".

"Now that you have calmed down. All those things you were saying are falsehoods. You aren't going to fail as a father because your fatherly instincts will start as soon as the babies are born. Roman loves you because you are amazing. You are a real man because identity as man none of your genitalia matter because that doesn't make you any less of a man. You aren't fat. You are pregnant with triplets. Do you understand"  Virgil nods slightly