Smoke

Wilbur POV

(I apologize for any wrong interpretations of Wilbur and Fundy's relationship--I haven't been watching consistently ever since the 'Eret betraying everyone' part of the lore. If anything is 'wrong' in this piece of writing, consider it an AU)

The flames burned my skin, but I carried on. My son was in there. My Fundy.

I yelled at the top of my lungs for him: "FUNDY!"

Quackity ran past me, then Tubbo, then Tom--but Tom, Tom grabbed my wrist. "Wil, don't risk it." he said loudly to overcome the noises of the sizzling fire. 

"He's my son, Tommy!" I claimed. Gritting his teeth, and looking like a kid denied a toy they want, Tom nodded. He pulled me into a hug before running the opposite way.

Tears that had been welling in my eyes finally flowed freely down my cheeks. Fundy. Wait for me, Son.

I forced my trembling legs to run down the hall. "FUNDY!" I called again, but this time, the smoke suffocated me, interfering with my vocal chords and blocking my air way.

"FUND--DY!!!" my voice cracked.

Finally, I reached the end of the hallway: Fundy's changing room. With the last bit of my willpower, I charged at the door, grabbing the door handle and turning it.

My Fundy laid on the bed.

"Funds..." I coughed up a huff of smoke. "found you." Stumbling like a zombie, I managed to reach the flaming bedpost...then I collapsed.

I couldn't carry on without oxygen; the oxygen the fire was devouring from the air.

Was I going to die like this?

Without even saying good bye to anyone? Tom? Sally? Phil?

I hope they can forgive me--forgive us--for leaving so early. Two lives might be lost today. And it's all because of that damned manipulator.

Author's note:

I'm back!!! Feeling angsty. :,)

Hope y'all didn't get bored to death. Lots more are coming promise...but for now, you can check out my other fics. :) Please, it'll be worth your time, I'm sure!!!

Thanks for reading!!!