Chapter 15

Jake's POV

I was walking in the woods, when I smelt it. It smelled like vanilla and cherry blossoms. 'MATE!!!' My wolf shouted at me. Wait what? I can't have a mate not right now, not before I kiss Alissa. These things always happen to me. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realized that I was at the river. Where she sat on a rock on the other side. She turned to look at me. She looked wonderful, but I was going to reject her.'What?!No you are not going to reject her. I won't let you.' I cut off our connection. "Whats your name?" "Sabrina. And you must be Jake. I heard that you just joined the Nightshade pack." "Yeah I did. Well Sabrina, this is probably going-" "Stop. I know what you are going to do, and to be truthful I was going to do the same. " "Oh. Well then. We have to say it. I guess I will go first." I said taking a deep breath. "Sabrina, I am rejecting you as a mate." I felt a sharp pain course through my body. I could tell she could feel it to. I saw a tear slip out of her eyes. "Jake, I am rejecting you as well." I felt another sharp pain course through my body. Our wolves are most likely mad at us for doing this, but I want Alissa.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is your reason for rejecting me?" She looked up."You must not tell anyone. I want to be with Alpha Sebastian." "The alpha of my pack?" She nodded. "I loved him for a very long time, but he could never tell, but I am trying to figure out a plan to get him back." I nodded. "Since we are being honest. I want to be with Alissa. Who is the Luna of my pack." She looked up. "I think we should work together then. My dad was coming over to sign a treaty with this pack today anyway." "Thats sounds like a great idea." We both nodded our heads. Then she had to leave, to get ready to come over. I am glad we are working together.

Alissa's Pov

"Alissa hurry up! The alpha of the Blue moon pack will be here any second." I heard Bash yell from down stairs. "I am coming." I said putting my hair up in a messy bun. Once I got down stairs I saw Bash pacing back and forth. "Baby, are you ok?" He looked over me. He pulled me into a hug. I could hearing him sniffing me. My scent usually calms him down. "I am just nervous. This will be the first time in a long time that our packs are coming together." Before I could say anything back, we heard a knock on the door. I walked over to answer it. When I opened the door, there stood alpha Bruno, and a girl who looks to be my age, and and older women, who I was guessing was the Luna. I gave them a warm smile. I felt Bash standing behind me. "Alpha Bruno, its so nice for you to come." Bash said. "Well I am glad you would like to make a treaty with us, these packs have gone through a lot. But I am happy now that we can finally come together again." We stepped away from door, so they could come in. "Nice to see you again Olivia." "Its nice to see you again too, Sebastian." After Olivia came in the girl finally came in. Bash looked at the ground, while the girl gave a huge smile. "Sebastian!" She said, hugging him. I let out a low growl. "I missed you, its a shame you couldn't stay in our pack. But I am happy that you became alpha, instead of being the beta for my brother." She said still hugging him. I was really getting annoyed by her.

"Sabrina, you should let go of me now." He said using his alpha tone. A small grin appeared on my face. She let go of him. "Now shall we go to my office now, Bruno?" "Yes, we should. " Bash gave me a peck on my lips before, he left. Bruno did the same to Olivia. They both walked upstairs. "So what is your name dear?" Olivia asked."Alissa." "Thats a wonderful name. Mine is Sabrina. Sebastian and I use to be good friends, like really good, but he left to become the alpha of this pack. And we haven't talked much since he left." I am really not liking this Sabrina girl. She says stuff in like a smart tone. does she realize who she is talking to?! Gosh. I just nodded. Then I heard a knock on the door. I opened it to find Jake. "Jake. What are you doing here?" "I came here to hang out with you. Why else? I mean we haven't seen each other in like six years, so I was thinking we could catch up or something." I didn't really know what to say. "Jake I can't hang out with you right now. I am busy doing pack business." Sabrina decided to step in our conversation. She makes me so mad. "Alissa, you aren't doing anything. Sebastian is the one who is busy. You are just waiting. How about you go have fun with Jake. I will tell Sebastian where you went." I know what she was doing, I could tell that she was up to something. Before I could say anything back to her Bash and Bruno came back down stairs.

I walked over to Bash. "Well I would love to stay and chat with all of you Sebastian, but we have to head back. My pack is going crazy without us there." We nodded. "I understand, maybe next time." Bash said. I noticed Jake was still here. He was talking to Sabrina. For some reason I could tell that they might have a connection, but they didn't act like mates. I decided to let it go. Then Sabrina came over and gave Bash another hug. I let out another growl. "Sabrina, get off of me." He said again using his alpha tone. Can't she take a hint. She let go of Bash. "Well I will see you later Bash." Then she went out of the house. Jake was still standing at the door. I would have thought he left by now. " Jake I told you I can't today." He looked sad.Then I looked back Bash. "Bash you wouldn't mind if I go hang out with Jake today would you. I promise I won't do anything bad." I said giving him puppy dog eyes. I knew he couldn't say no to me when I did this. Even though I would love to stay with him, Jake probably won't leave until I say yes. "Fine, but I want you to be back in two hours tops. Got me?" "Yes. I love you babe." I said giving him a peck on the lips and heading out the house.

Jake and I got in my car. We headed to starbucks. What, a girl has to have her coffee right? "Really starbucks Alissa?" Jake said letting out a small chuckle. "Yes, don't judge me." He let out another chuckle. We went inside and ordered our drinks and sat down. "So what do you want to talk about?" "Well what has happen in the past six years?" I tapped my chin, trying to think about the major things that have happen. "Well, after you left, I just hung out with Veronica, and Winter. My parents tried to have another kid, but they couldn't. I think that is all the major things. Nothing really happens here as you can tell." I said with a smile. "What about you? Anything special? " "Well, I had a couple girlfriends. They weren't really good. All they wanted to do was make out. They never really wanted to talk, and learn things about me. They later became known as the pack sluts. Other than me having girlfriends nothing else happen." Dang he had a hard love life, I guess."Well have you found your mate?" He looked down at his drink. I could tell this was a subject he didn't like. "I don't want to talk about it." "I am sorry if I made you upset. I wasn't trying to or whatever." He looked back at me and gave me a small smile. "Its ok Alissa."

We talked for about another hour or so then we had to head back. Jake followed me to my car. I went to his side to unlock the door. Right when I was headed to my side, I was pinned to my car. Then Jake crashed his lips on mine. I was trying to push him off of me, but he was way stronger than I was. I couldn't really move my legs that well either. Jake pulled me closer to him. I wanted to get away from him. I decided to mind link Bash. 'Bash help me!' 'Alissa?!?! Whats wrong?' 'Jake he is kissing me and he won't let go of me.' 'On my way!' I could tell that he was angry.He showed up five minutes later. I was surprise he came that fast Jake was still kissing my lips. I saw Bash get out of his car. His eyes were pitch black. I knew that his wolf Calvin was in control. Then Bash or Calvin who ever pulled Jake away from me, and threw him to the ground. "DON'T YOU EVER TOUCH HER AGAIN, ASSHOLE!" Bash was so close to killing him. He walked over to Jake and was about to pick him up, when I stopped him. "Ba- I mean Calvin, look at me." He looked back at me, his eyes soften some, but they were still pitch black. "Don't do something you will regret." He pulled me closer to him, and started to breath in my scent. "Alissa he kissed you. Why are you standing up for him?" I looked to see who was in control. I could see Bash's blue eyes, that I have grown to love so much. "Bash, I know what he did, but he didn't mean it. He just never really had a girl that actually listen to him like I do or anything, and he was just caught up in the moment." Bash was about to speak, when Jake got up. Bash let out a loud growl. His eyes started to get dark again. "Bash look at me not him." He turned back to me. I saw Jake shift and run into the woods. I wonder where he was going. "I love you Alissa, and I just don't want anyone else to touch you." "I understand. " Then I felt my self being carried bridal style to his car. He set me down. Then we drove back home. I still couldn't figure out why Jake would kiss me even though he knows I have a mate, I guess I will figure it out at some point.