Chapter 1 (Edited)

Alissa's POV

          I am 17 years old, I attend Rockdale high school, and I live with my pack in Pinewoods, North Carolina. My father is the current  alpha of the Nightshadow pack, and my mother is the Luna. My father always said to me whoever I marry is going to be the future alpha. The reason as to why is because I'm his only child. The future alpha is suppose be the first son of the current alpha, but my dad never had any boys. Then my two best friends are, Veronica and Winter, who have been my friends since elementary school.  Winter, the lucky one of the group, found her mate a year ago, his name is Drew. Veronica and I however,  wish we find our mates soon because we can't wait to feel what Winter is feeling.  We are still dreaming of the day it would come. Winter happen to tell us one day, that  having a mate is a beautiful  phenomenon. She tells us that: they make you feel complete, they will never hurt you,  and y'all connect no way you can with someone else. While explaining the feeling of having a mate, you could see Winter's whole face light up with happiness. 

       Usually, before school I would take a run. Since  my house and the pack's house is surrounded by forest, it makes it easy for humans from seeing us in our wolf form. Once, I went down stairs I saw my parents cooking breakfast. 

"I'm taking a run," I told them as I was walking towards the back door.

 "Okay dear be careful. And Alissa-"  my mother said pausing. 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

 "Make sure you don't get carried away this time. You have to make it to school on time today. Because I don't want any calls from your teacher saying how you were late."

"I will try not too," I told her with a small smile. 

      Then I walked outside,  and headed to the willow tree in my back yard. Lately I had been late to school. What can I say, I love being outside running. It makes me feel so free, especially when feeling the wind blowing through my fur.  My wolf, Lila, enjoys it more than I probably do. Since she is an animal. Once I made it to the tree, I checked to see if my extra clothes were still there. Then I shifted into a red, and partly light brow wolf. I stood there for a few seconds, and took off running. My wolf howled in enjoyment. I mentally smiled. 

        I didn't stop running until I got to the river. Once I stopped, I started to take sips of water, not realizing how thirsty I was from running.  The water felt cool, going down my throat making me want more. Speaking of the river, it  separates my pack's land from the Blue moon pack's land. I wouldn't say our packs our enemies,but we just don't like socializing with them. Which I don't know the exact reason as to why.  I stayed in the woods for about another 30 minutes, before heading back to my house. I shifted back into human form, and changed into the extra clothes. I headed up the stairs to my room to do my hair and makeup. My hair is what took forever. It's a long red tangled mess. After I was done I headed back down stairs, grabbed some bacon, and got in my car. Then drove off to school jamming to some music.