Solace ≫ Bluefur x Little Brother! Reader x Snowfur (PLATONIC)

Art: bluegrassxpollylover

⚠️ Warnings ⚠️
• Depicted anxiety
• Some angst

This is a request for AlexandraandCharlie. I hope you enjoy your one-shot!

****

Soft morning light was what woke you up. It was streaming through the gap in the wall of the nursery, dappling the ground and Swiftbreeze's pelt in its gentle golden specks. You blinked, sitting up and carefully pulling yourself out of your foster mother's grasp. The brown-and-white tabby she-cat was still sprawled out on her side, snoring lightly. A big smile stretched across your muzzle, and your heart gave a leap of joy as you remembered what day it was—Pinestar was finally going to make you an apprentice like Leopardpaw and Patchpaw! Even better, that meant you were going to be a warrior like your older sisters, Bluefur and Snowfur. "Swiftbreeze!" You mewed excitedly, scrambling over the tabby she-cat's foreleg and placing both of your paws on her shoulder to wake her. "Wake up, Swiftbreeze! I'm going to be an apprentice, remember?"

Swiftbreeze's eyes flickered open and rested on you, and a purr of amusement rippled from her chest. "Yes, little one," She murmured, stretching and gently shooing you off of her so she could sit up. "I remember." You could barely keep your paws still. You bounced with excitement, your fur fluffing up as you did. "Calm down," Swiftbreeze purred, gently scooping you closer to her with a paw and leaning down to smooth your sleep-ruffled fur. "How will any cat take you seriously if you're fidgeting like a fox in a fit?"

"I can't help it!" You exclaimed, twisting out of her grasp as her tongue rasped over your ears. "I feel like I could run all the way to Fourtrees!" You knew you shouldn't be dancing around like an excited kit, but you could barely contain yourself. You wanted to race out of the nursery and explore the forest and catch all the prey you could carry. "I want to make ThunderClan proud," You continued, puffing your small chest out defiantly. "I'm going to be the strongest warrior the forest has ever seen!"

Swiftbreeze purred, carefully smoothing down the last frazzled hairs on your neck before releasing her grip and allowing you to scramble free. "I'm sure you will be, dear," She meowed lovingly, her amber eyes glowing with pride and sadness. "I only wish your mother could be here to witness it." Your smile immediately faltered, and you stared at your paws and pouted sadly. You were barely old enough to open your eyes when your mother, Moonflower, had died fighting in a battle. Your clanmates hadn't given you much detail about her untimely demise, but Swiftbreeze had always reassured you that she had died a true warrior's death, fighting for her clan. You pouted, huffing a small sigh. It wasn't fair that every cat knew so much more about your mother than you, and it certainly wasn't fair that she had decided to fight when she was still nursing a young kit. "It's alright, young warrior," Your foster mother murmured, moving closer to you and gently pulling you into her comforting embrace with her tail. "Your mother will always be watching over you from StarClan. I'm sure she is very proud of you."

You sniffled, reaching up with a paw and wiping a tear away from your eye. You were about to respond, but the lichen covering the nursery's entrance rustled, and two familiar she-cat stepped inside. Your grief immediately vanishing, you sprang to your paws and raced towards them, letting out a squeal of joy. "Bluefur! Snowfur!" You exclaimed, winding around their limbs and purring loudly. "Can you believe it? I'm going to be an apprentice!"

Snowfur purred, leaning down and touching her nose to your forehead. "Yes," She meowed, laughter bubbling in her smooth, soft voice. "Pinestar is going to give you a new name and a mentor today. But... You aren't excited or anything, right?" A teasing sparkle shimmered in her sky-blue eyes, indicating that she was merely teasing.