Chapter 3 - Aptitude Test

Comincia dall'inizio

"Wait! Why'd you ask me if your just gonna leave?" He pressured.

"Because I wanted to know the name of the idiot who talked with Reiner." I responded trying to annoy him and make him go away. But it seemed to do the opposite as he got up and looked me dead in the eyes his eyes half lidded with his eyebrows angled inward.

"What's it to you huh? You got something wrong with him?" Tired of this I just turned around walked away but quickly felt a hand on my shoulder and out of instinct I whipped around grabbing his wrist with my right hand spinning around and pushing his shoulder forward while kicking back with my right leg tripping him and sending him face first into the ground locking his arm behind his back putting pressure on him then slamming my knee into his back just to make sure he doesn't try anything.

"What the fuck!" He yelped.

"Don't touch me." I said sternly.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry ok." He said his anger completely dissipated and replacing it an uncomfortable look, Releasing him I walked away leaving him holding his arm.

Y/N POV:

She started to walk away and I stood there awkwardly. 'Ugh that was so embarrassing. But I want to learn how to fight like that. Maybe if I ask she'll say yes? No there's no way, she barely seems like she was fine with talking to me she'd never teach me anything, especially after that.' I stood there a little dejected. 'But it's not like asking could hurt, right?' 'Ugh enough I'm just gonna do it.'

Running after her in spite of myself I worked up the nerves to ask.

"H-Hey Annie?" 

"What do you want now." She said turning around with an angry expression.

"Can you teach me how to do that?" I asked a small bubble in my throat forming.

She raised an eyebrow and looked back at me for a brief moment. "No." She turned around leaving.

"Wait Annie please!" 'What the hell am I doing just let her be.'

"Why are you so insistent on learning anyways." She said sharply.

"Because. . . I'm weak, I want to become stronger and I think learning how to fight is a good starting point." I said. She simply stood there for a few seconds before responding.

"And why me?" 

"Because you're strong and composed, you actually seem like you know what you're doing." 

"Why does it matter anyways if you learn how to fight. If you're weak then just train, you don't need to learn how to fight."

"There is no point in being strong without knowing how to use it." I responded my nerves somewhat dissipating, I felt calmer and more confident. Standing and starring at me seemingly thinking before speaking again.

"You'll do everything I say without exception and don't expect any encouraging words either." She said breaking the silence. 

"Thank you! I promise I won't make you regret this!" My face lit up.

"You had better not." She said boring holes into my face with her stare.

"I promise." I said while trying to avoid eye contact.

"Tomorrow 2 hours before training starts behind the dorms." She said then walking away.

"Thanks again!" I yelled back. 'That was stressful, I'm surprised she actually agreed. I hope she didn't just do it out of pity.'