Chapter 14 - Lover

Start from the beginning

"And you suppose this information would have gotten leaked to her!?" I snapped

"No, no. But within time, I'm sure she would notice with your daughter's calming and listening quite well after feeding. Did you both not find it odd that they did exactly what she wanted them to do? Which isn't much. I assume they mainly slept...but though the whole night? With occasional hiccups? Isn't that...odd?" She asks me.

I didn't think of it like that. I just figured that's how my daughter act with their new bodies.

If this is all true...? I tasted her blood.

"How long do the effects lasts? When will my daughters recover?" I ask demandingly

"Never. It's permanent. But if I killed the maid now, your daughters need not know the real story, mm?" She smirks threateningly at me." For if they did, well-" She chuckles, "They would attempt to kill me. That is how strong it is. And I don't have time for such useless activities."

"Useless activities?" I glare

She raised her eyebrow at me, considering me for a second before speaking.

"Well, if your daughters came for my head? I would have to...put them down." She smirked. "Respectfully, of course."

Respectfully.

What a joke.

The only sound in the room now was the sound of my claws coming out, staring a hole through her body

"Respectfully? I wouldn't be so worried about that right now." I say simply.

I tasted her blood. I'm stronger. Better.

She has me thinking of her night and day...and this was before I had even tasted her.

I would kill for her before this.

Although? I'm willing to die for her now.

With the side effects of her mutation, her life on the line and my daughters...

My not-even-a-year-old daughters...

Lives being threatened?

I'm not allowing anyone to speak like that.

Especially not her. Not anymore.

She can burn.

Your P.O.V

Why can't Lady just let me go!?

I pace the room quickly, panicked and worried, as the babies sleep.

The babies are safe.

Alcina is not.

It's only right that I rush to her aid.

... But I can't! She told me not to!

What would happen if I disobeyed...? Would she punish me?

... How would she punish me?

...

No! No! I have to stay with the babies. I have to protect them from anything and everything. It's my job.

I'm their mother too…

I look down at their cute little faces as they sleep peacefully.

So tired...while I am so awake.

...

Oh, well! I tried!

I march quickly in the direction of Mother Miranda's, rushing as the thought of Alcina being hurt plays back to back in my head.

What if she killed her? Don't be stupid.

She wouldn't…

Right?

I move faster than normal, perhaps it's from my mutation, but all I know Is I get to Mother Miranda's sooner than later.

I walk in and stare as I see a tall figure on the ground, a smaller one standing over it.

Alcina...

Mother Miranda takes notice of me and turns to face me, glaring as blood covered the side of her face.

"What are you still doing alive?" She asks

"You hurt her…" I say in shock, staring at Alcina's body.

"I asked you a question." She snaps at me, as if she has the right.

I look her in the eyes and grit my teeth hard. She'll pay.

"You hurt her." I say, but more sternly, less shock, as I feel a surge of energy ravish my body.

"No matter. I'll just have to kill you. For good this time." She sighs and pulls out a dagger.

"Alcina was a good accomplice. Helping me with my experiments. But I suppose her use is now over." She says, as my adrenaline spikes when she raises the dagger above Alcina's chest.

My lover's chest.

"I'll kill you!" I scream loudly as it halts her movements, her looking back at me.

"Try me." She replied simply, a smirk on her lips