The Girl Who Cried Out Bloody Mary

I'm sure you have a fear of something. Ghost's, made up creatures, weird noises in the middle of the night, or perhaps the lingering feeling of something watching you in the corner of your room. It's hard to believe that those things never bothered me, until I heard about the girl called Bloody Mary.

One sunny morning, Violet woke up like any other day and wobbled tiredly to her bathroom.  She did her usual routine; brushing her teeth and fixing her hair. She restlessly put her school uniform on and skipped down stairs. The house was quiet and thats just how she liked it. Since her parents were highly professional workers, they were always gone and on the move. She hardly see's them. They get assigned to travel to France, London and other parts of the world for a project. Which means they're hardly there for Violet. But she eventually got used to it, but of course it took some time to get used to.

After breakfast, she skipped to the door and opened it. She would turn around and say goodbye as if someone was there watching her.

"Cya , ill be back soon!" She closed the door with a smile and headed off to school. Her school wasn't far from her house. It was a few street's away.

As she came to the entrance of the school she heard someone calling out her name.
"Violet.... VIOLET..." She heard her name getting louder and louder. Violet quickly turned around and bumped into a girl.
"Owwww, Vio! Didn't you hear me calling out your name?" Violet took a deep sigh of relief.
"Hey Laura, sorry. I was zoned out, let's just go to class."
"You don't seem like yourself today." Laura said in a worryingly and concerned tone.
"I'm not a morning person Laura." She said looking at the ground as she walks to the school entrance. Violet and Laura go their seperate ways and headed to their lockers. Violet saw a group of people walking by. She overheard them say "Hey, have you noticed that a few people haven't come to school after they did that Bloody Mary thing?"
Violets stomach twisted and turned from the name she had just heard, but she was unsure as to why she felt that way.  Violet was curious about what might have happened, but she had a bad feeling.

A few classes later it was lunch time. Violet hung out with Laura most of the time. Most of the students at the school thought that she was weird and awkward. However, Laura didn't listen to them. As Laura was explaining about how boring her maths class was, the school bully came up to them with a couple of his friends. He looked down at them like they were his peasants.

"Hey look it's Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum!" He said with a big evil grin.

"What do you guy's want? Don't you have better things to do?!" Said Laura in fury.

"Woah woah, calm down T Dee! We just came here to ask you if you know the story about... Bloody Mary." He said turning to his friends and smiled.
"No... but I'm interested, tell me more." said Violet in curiosity.

"T Dum, I don't expect you to know. It's... I mean, she, is a girl who haunts people and do horrible things to people who call upon her. Bloody Mary scares scared little girls like you, so bad, that it kills them! BUT, they don't know how she does it."  He suddenly stops and chuckles. "Well obviously no one would know how she does it because anyone who experienced it are all dead." Violet didn't like where this was going and wished she hadn't asked him, he continued.

"So, lets make a deal. I want you to say her name 3 times infront of a mirror, any mirror, with the lights off for 1 minute. If you do that, I will stop taking your lunch money and stop bothering you two." Violet's eyes widened in shock "No way! As if we would do something like that!".

The bully smirked "If you don't do this I will tell everyone in the school that you like Stanley Nuckleberry. If it helps, you can light up one candle so you can go through the whole minute without getting scared." Violet paused for a moment and looked over to Laura. Violet was speechless. All she could think about was Stanley and how horribly he would react if he knew about she felt towards him. Her eyes started to water. She angrily thought to herself how he knew this information about her feelings towards Stanley. Laura jumped out of her chair and pointed at the bully "We'll do it. Right after school! You'll see, we aren't scared!" Violet looked up at Laura in awe and rubbed her tears away. She knew she had to be stronger than this. The bully nodded and left, but then he paused.