Be Careful What You Wish For; Chapter 2

A big thank you to everyone that encouraged me. I didn't think i was going to get a lot of support for this one honestly. 

Also, i must admit, this chapter is a bit slow but it was necessary to help with key points. 

thanks again, x

Chapter Two

After brushing my bright pearly whites, I unlocked the door. I was taking in as much as I could. There was a jewelry area, a book case with actual books filled in it and also a makeup section, filled with lotions, foundations and all sorts of other beauty enhancers. I slid the tips of my French – manicured fingers on top of all the furniture and belongings of Penelope. Next was the wardrobe, I opened it cautiously, to make sure that nothing would fall on top me like it did in my room. The wardrobe was like something out of a fashion magazine. The uniforms were in one section, and the rest of her gorgeous outfits in the other. I squealed to myself and went through the colourful clothes by running my hand across them. After the excitement had died down, I grabbed a uniform outfit and closed the wardrobe. A full length mirror was attached to the wardrobe door.  Looking into the full length mirror, I surveyed my new body. Tall, slim, excellent bone structure and… breasts! Some cleavage, finally. I cupped them in my hands. I could actually grab on to them, I smiled to myself. I knew that these suckers would make me look good in anything. I didn’t understand why Penelope wasn’t a model already.

After I dressed myself accordingly, I found a pretty white head band and placed it on top of my luscious hair. I looked flawless. All I needed to do was find my shoes. I headed downstairs with my backpack in a swift, but posh manner. I ended up in the kitchen of the mansion - like house. There were so many rooms; I was surprised I didn’t end up lost.  

 There was a fresh batch of bacon and eggs luring me onto the bar stool of the kitchen bench. I sniffed it in, the smell made me quiver.

“Morning darling.”

I turned around, a woman, that looked around thirty five was holding a newspaper in one hand and a coffee mug in the other. That must be Penelope’s mother I thought.

I looked at her kindly and smiled. I kind of nodded in a weird, respectful manner before I began to talk.

“Good morning Mrs. Stevens,” Oh Crap! I shut myself up before I said anymore. I was meant to say mother…

She put down the newspaper and coffee and crossed her arms. Her eyebrows rose, which showed wrinkles. She was dressed in a smart looking outfit, an outfit that only office ladies wore. Of course she was an office lady, so typical.

“Penny, if this is about the discussion we had last night over dinner,” she paused and expected me to interrupt, but when she realized I wasn’t going to, she continued.

“It’s not a debate. It’s not an option that you can just pick. This decision me and your father made is set in stone. You are going interstate next year to do a law degree, that’s the end of the story. I don’t want to hear your nonsense.” I could tell that Mrs. Steven’s was expecting me to interrupt, anticipating some kind of verbal eruption, but I just sat on the stool and looked down. The floor must have been waxed or something, it was so shiny. I nodded my head after she had finished her speech.

“Take the first set of car keys; Roberta will be using your car today.”

Wow, Penelope had her own car? I tried to hide my excitement when I got up and looked around for the keys. Where were they?

“Um… mum… where are the keys again?” I asked sheepishly. Her face showed she was perplexed as she pointed to the direction of the main hall’s mirror. I giggled and bid her to ‘stay safe’, then skipped to the mirror. There were about eight keys, and the ‘first’ keys, I presumed was the keys to the left. There were approximately five keys around the silver ring, and a key ring, some kind of beaded rope.