Chapter 1 The Meeting That Started It All

Начните с самого начала

Miledi walked up to the pictures and examined each one in turn, starting from the end

Miledi walked up to the pictures and examined each one in turn, starting from the end. She'd done the same thing hundreds, no, thousands of times, but a different emotion welled up within her this time around.

Miledi: How long has it been since that day... The day he died protecting us and the day that we were defeated. The day we swore to carry on, to create a light of hope for those who would come after. The day I sworn to wait for his return. It's... definitely been more than a few centuries at least. A thousand years? Two thousand? Ahaha, I don't even remember anymore...

Most of the pictures were of a young girl. There was one of her standing in the middle of a city, another of her surrounded by nature, and yet another with her in the rugged wilderness. In all of them she was smiling, the people in the background all smiling alongside her. The person who'd taken these photos had known how to capture her radiance better than anyone.

 The person who'd taken these photos had known how to capture her radiance better than anyone

Miledi's gaze stopped at one of the pictures. It was a picture of eight people standing atop a hill, the sunrise at their backs. One of them was a blonde girl. She was pulling a white hair, red eyes gentle looking man closer to her. Next to her stood a bespectacled, black hair man, a stoic gentleman, a seductively smiling dryad woman, a stern, balding old man, a Dagon woman who was smiling triumphantly, and lastly, a demon man who was staring at the blonde girl with a look of mild disapproval.

Miledi: Guys... it's finally happening. Ryu has returned! Our Dragon King has returned. And he has thawed out our frozen time. It's not a dream. Our wish. The path we chose... it really did pave the way for those who came after us.

Had Miledi retained her human form, she would have been crying. She would probably kiss the gray hair boy whom conquered her labyrinth, if she still had her mouth. Her voice trembled and broke. Her fingers lightly brushed against the image of the white hair gentleman boy.

Miledi: O-kun. Can you believe it? Ryu cleared your labyrinth first. It was supposed to be the hardest one, the one everyone was supposed to do last. As expected of the man I fell in loved, and your best friend.

Miledi chuckled to herself.

Miledi: His personality's has changed a bit, turning on to a bit of a wild side, though. Still, he's amazing. His incomplete Spirit Art. And those artifacts of his are crazy. He must have made them using the techniques you left behind.