The Journey

Chapter under editing. Wattpad as usual messed up my story again for the hundredth time and I have to edit back. Please bear with me, the chapter will be back to normal shortly

..............

fter a long flight, they finally arrived their destination, Paris

They checked into "LA FOUNTAINE", a hotel which was exquisite from its exterior to the interior.

After collecting their key card from the reception, they went to their room. Shanel entered the room first while Robaire followed with their luggage. They didn't pack much since they weren't going to be staying long, two weeks at most.

Shanel was taken back by the room's beauty. Everything screamed exquisite and fancy. She moved towards the curtains of what was supposedly covering the windows and opened them. She was then mesmerized by the window walls. From there she could see some parts of the hotel and the city

Robaire kept their bags in the wardrobe and stood aside watching his wife enjoying the view outside. She looked so breathtaking and the sun rays falling on her through the window only added to her beauty.

Shanel was enjoying the view when she felt familiar warmth wrap her round her waist. She smiled and leaned her head back on his chest.

"Hello beautiful" Robaire said burying his face in the crook of her neck.

"Hey handsome"

"You look breath taking today"

"Even with just joggers on?" she asked with a chuckle

"Even with just joggers on" he reaffirmed

She chuckled and redirected her gaze back to the outside and Robaire joined her, hands stills wrapped around her. Amidst the staring, Robaire looked down to Shanel's head and from that view, he could see her eyelashes. They were quite long and natural. If there was one thing he loved about his wife, it was the fact she didn't need to try to look beautiful.

"Can I kiss you" He whispered down in her ear.

Shanel smiled before slowly turning around. She hooked her hands round his neck and stared deep into his eyes.

"You didn't need to ask"

And with that said, Robaire slowly leaned in and sucked on her lips with his. The kiss was passionately slow and shallow at first until Robaire deepened it by sending his tongue through the seam of her lips until it penetrated her teeth.

Things started getting hot as Robaire's hand creeped underneath Shanel's shirt. The heat his palm delivered to her skin was quite nice but dangerous

Shanel was equally invested but she needed to stop the kiss before it escalated further into another thing. With her last will power,

"Eh mm babe why don't we go have breakfast?"

Robaire stared at her " Babe I'm only hungry for you" he muttered while diving back to her lips

He eventually caught them but Shanel broke away

"Babe but I'm hungry" she pouted

He let out an exhausted sigh "Fine"

"Great. But you go have your shower first. It'll wash off some of the jet lag"

"Won't you join me?" He asked

"I'll stay back and prepare our clothes" she quickly spewed an alibi "Come on...go" she gave him a light shove forward

After Robaire left for the shower, the smile on Shanel's face fell. Bringing a hand to her chest, she felt for her heart beat and the organ was still hyper. She really didn't love this game she was playing.

Going to their luggage, she brought out their clothes and arranged them on the bed as promised while she waited for Robaire to be done so she too could take a bathe.

........

The couple had finished eating and decided to take a tour round the city. The took some pictures, ate some more before returning back to the hotel.

Later in the evening, the couple were both getting ready for bed. Shanel first took her bath quickly and came to bed while Robaire followed suite.

Shanel was still awake but when she heard Robaire exit the bathroom, she quickly shut her eyes.

Robaire had finished showering. Coming to join Shanel in bed, he saw that she was already wrapped up with eyes closed but was confused. He didn't remember taking much time to freshen up. Brushing the thoughts aside, he got into the comforter, kissed her forehead and cuddled her to sleep.

When Shanel heard Robaire's steady breathes, she opened her eyes. The Tom and Jerry game she was playing, it wasn't going to end well

**********

The next day, Shanel woke up and felt the bed for Robaire but didn't see him there. Sitting up right, she rubbed her eyes for accommodation.

She called his name a few times but didn't get any response.

Going to the bathroom, she freshened up before returning to the bed with her phone in her hand.

Dialing his number was the only option so she did so and he picked up after a second dial.

"Hello babe" He said form the other end

"Babe where are you" Shanel asked

"I'm at the gym. Why?"

"You had me worried, I was wondering where you went to"

"I'm sorry about that but I'm already done here. I'm about to leave, just packing my stuff. Erm about that, can you help me bring down some water and a towel?"

"Sure" Shanel replied

"Okay"

Shanel got down immediately and went on her way.

Reaching there. she looked around and finally saw him in a corner but he wasn't alone. he was with....Yvonne. At first she couldn't make her out but from her light skin and flirty moves, she spotted her quite well.

Moving close, she feigned a sweet smile and greeted

"Hi Yvonne" Shanel said as she clung to Robaire, almost resembling a koala.

"Hi...Shanel" She saw Yvonne's smile falter a little

"Surprised to see you. What brings you here?"

"Well you know, work and all" Yvonne replied

Yvonne, Shanel didn't like this girl one bit. From day one since Robaire introduced her as his colleague, she could sense the girl was up to no good for if she wasn't flirting using her expression, she flirted using her not so obvious actions towards Robaire

"So I was just asking Robaire here out for some lunch, hope you don't mind but you can join if you want to" Yvonne confidently said

"If .....I want to?" Shanel repeated in disbelief, though with a smile " Well I'm really sorry to turn down your offer but my husband and I have a lot planned for our honeymoon so nothing out of that will be entertained," she faced Robaire "right babe?"

"But I wanted to talk about Mr Okawa's deals. I received word, the building materials have come in from China already" Yvonne pushed on hopeful

Shanel's gaze remained on her husband as she waited to see if he will ditch her for work or worse...Yvonne

From the stares he received from both ladies he fell tight on the spot.

"Its a tempting offer but I'll have to refuse it sorry. I've dedicated this time for me and my wife only" he turned her down

Shanel smiled from his response before turning to Yvonne with the same 'innocent' smile.

"Oh..okay" Yvonne said embarrassedly "I'll see you then" she spoke to Robaire before turning to leave.

The smile on Shanel's face immediately fell after Yvonne's presence was no longer in sight. She then led the way to their room, not bothering to fulfill her mission for coming down.