Chapter 6

Y/N pov

I was lying in a bed in the infirmary, I don't know why, or how I got here, but my head was hurting badly.
I lifted my head from the bed, to see Ray sitting by the window, looking out. I saw that it was raining.
I looked to my side to see a glass of water and some pills on the nightstand. I slowly sat up, so I wouldn't catch Ray's attention, and I took the glass and the pills in my hand.

I looked at the pills before I put them in my mouth with some water and swallowed it. Then I slowly sat the glass down on the nightstand again. I slowly got up from the bed and started walking towards Ray as quietly as possible.
When I finally reached him, I looked at him briefly before doing what I was planning.

"Boo!"
"AAh!" He jumped back and quickly covered his mouth. I only laughed at him, since this was the reaction that I wanted from him, "You little shit." He said under his breath.
"Haha, I scared you." I teased, poking his side. "Shut up." He looked back to the window again, sighing.
"I was really worried." He said after some silence. "Sorry... I didn't mean to worry you."

"What happened? I've never seen that happen to you." He looked at me, concern in his eyes. "It was nothing." I smiled, hoping he would drop the subject. "It's not 'nothing'. You were coughing up blood, something is clearly wrong, Y/N. Plus you fainted right when mom gave you whatever you needed." He continued on the subject. "No really, it's nothing. At least none of your concerns." I looked away from him.

"Look at me, please..." Ray put his hand under my chin and lifted my head, "Are you okay?..." He asked, "Yes, I am." I said, pushing his hand away. "Then what happened." He pushed on, "Geez Ray, nothing happened, just leave the subject alone, okay." I sighed, turning around to leave.
I felt Ray grab my hand and pull me into a hug, which made me surprised, "Please tell me if you aren't okay..." Ray whispered.

I  stood there a bit surprised, before answering. "I will..." I put my hand over Ray's hand, which was around my waist. I could feel his breath on my shoulder, which made a shiver go down my spine. He has never hugged me like this, it was... Different.
"The others are also worried. Especially Yvette, when she saw Mom carrying you to the infirmary, she almost started crying. The younger kids didn't understand but still were worried..." I felt him bury his head into the crook of my neck.

I stayed silent for a while, before speaking, "Then I better go see them, so they know I'm okay." I sighed. "You scared me..." Ray continued. "I'm sorry..." I hung my head low. "When you find out why that happened please tell me... I wanna know." He said, and finally pulled away, letting me go.
I stood there for a minute, hearing him walk past me and towards the door. Then I suddenly start running towards him, jumping on his back.
"Thank you..." I whispered to him. "I will tell you." I quickly pecked his cheek then let go of him and walked quickly past him and out the door.

Ray Pov

I stood there in shock, trying to process what she just did.
'Did she really kiss me?' I thought, then slowly brought my hand to hold my cheek where she had kissed me.
A small smile spread across my face, and I dropped my hand, so it hung at my side. I looked down at my feet, then closed my eyes, chuckling.
"Idiot..." I quietly said, before going out the door.

When I reached the dining hall, I saw Y/N getting swarmed by the younger kids asking if she was alright. I saw that she had a small smile on her lips, which made me smile too.
"I'm okay! I just hadn't gotten enough water today." She said, obviously lying to make the kids feel better. "We were really worried, I thought you had died! You were laying so still in Mom's arms..." One of the kids said, making Y/N chuckle. God her laugh is adorable.