Chapter 3: The way out

𝚈/𝚗

I walked towards a table with food.

It was a plate with food on it.

And on top of the food, was a body.

...

Ray's body.

I sat up quickly, my heart racing so fast.
I put my hand on my chest, trying to calm down. I looked over at the wall where the clock was, 4:23... 
I sat there for some minutes before deciding to do something.

I walked slowly to the library since I was still half asleep and I didn't want to bump into something.
When I was at the library and was about to open it, I hear someone.

"Can't sleep?"

Their voice was familiar.
'I swear to god, if it's you, I will- ughh...'
I sighed deeply before turning around to see Ray. "Yeah, I guess," I said, looking down.
I felt him getting closer, so I backed up a little. "Well, if you can't sleep in your room you'll sleep here," Ray said, picking me up (Bridal style ehe)  and walking into the library. "Hey! Let me go, I can walk on my own!" I tried getting down.

"I know you can walk on your own, I'm not stupid. But if I let you walk on your own you won't be able to fall asleep." He said, not giving up. "Now, which book do you want to read?" He asked, "Uhmm... No longer human..?" I answered, hesitantly.
"Where is that." He asked again.
"Over there." I pointed to the shelf I usually sit at.
"Alright, let's read that one then." He goes over to the shelf so I could take it and then walked over to a corner.

He leaned against the wall and slowly sat down. I handed him the book, "How many times have you read this?" He asked, "About 2." I answered, "Then why read it over and over again?" He continued asking, "Geez, stop asking so many questions." I said looking away from him.

I was currently on his lap, with his arms around me.
We used to do this when we were young, and I usually fell asleep pretty quickly.
But, now it has been a long time since we've done this. It feels weird, yet, I still like it...

After some minutes I fell asleep. I always liked falling asleep to Ray's voice, when he was reading like this, he was so calm.
It didn't take long until Ray realize you fell asleep, and when he did he put down the book and held you tighter.

𝚁𝚊𝚢

"Y/n... I'm sorry I made you go to the gate last night..." I sighed deeply.
"I want to protect you. But it's hard..." I leaned my head against the wall.
"One day, I can find you crying in your room... And the other day, I see you playing around with the children.." I closed my eyes.
"I wanna help you, but you won't tell me what's bothering you, so I can't... And you even know that I will help and protect you." I looked down at Y/n.
"If you really need help, you can come to me. I know how bad your nightmares hurt you..." I sighed again, laying my head on Y/n's head, and closed my eyes.

¸¸♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫¸¸

"Hey, Y/n." I gently shook her, hearing a little 'What...' from her, "Time to wake up, it's soon breakfast." I told her.
She rubbed her eyes a bit, "Okay..."
She looked at me, and I looked at her.
We sat there, just staring at each other.
"What?" I finally spoke up, "Your eyes are pretty.." Y/n said, looking away.
"So are yours." I said as I turned her head to me, "T-thanks." She looked away again.

"Now let's go get some breakfast, shall we?" I asked, ready to pick her up, "Yeah, but I'll walk on my own!" Y/n said, crawling out of my lap. "Why can't I carry you? You used to love it before." I smirked at her. She covered her face with her hands, "Flustered are we?" I crawled closer to her, "S-shut up!" She raised her hand, making me move back. But instead of slapping me she just put her hand on my face