Pain and Mischief

Start from the beginning

Neville used his wand, summoning the box over. "Which one???" He asked, frantically rummaging through the large collection.

"Pepper up!!!" Draco harshly breathed, starting to hyperventilate. The pain is so bad this time...I feel like I'm gonna faint!

Neville opened the bottle, tipping Draco's head back. "Open!"

Draco opened his mouth.

Neville gasped at the blood that was forming on the edges of Draco's gums, pouring the potion into his mouth.

Draco coughed harshly as the thick potion was swallowed, feeling more energy but the pain didn't go away. "Squeeze me!"

Neville furrowed his brow. "What???" He wrapped his arms around Draco.

"Harder!" Draco pleaded, tears forcing their way down his face. He groaned and growled as the pain rushed through him worse than it ever had before.

Neville used all his arm strength, wrapping his arms around Draco in a very tight hold. "What is this?!"

Draco saw his vision start to blur. "Curse." He whispered, passing out from the pain in Neville's arms.

Neville started to panic, but then he saw written instructions on the box. He read them fast, taking out the red Healing Potion. He pulled Draco's jaw open carefully, pouring the potion down his throat.

. . . . . . .

Draco woke up, everything was blurry. He looked up to see Neville staring at him, realizing he was in his arms. "Ughhh." He groaned.

"Draco...I'm so sorry." Neville stroked his fingers up and down Draco's forearm. "How long have you been going through this?" He dabbed his forehead with the washcloth.

Draco looked at the box next to them both. "You read it didn't you? So you know about it now...well it's been about 2 weeks."

Neville felt so bad for Draco. "How do you feel now? I used the Healing Potion and the Healing Salve on your gums." He kept his arms around him, nervous about letting go.

"Why did you do this?" Draco looked at him. "Why did you take care of me?"

Neville thought that was a rather silly question. "Why wouldn't I? You were hurting...you needed someone to help you."

Draco looked down at himself, noticing he was half naked. "Where's my bloody shirt???" He growled.

Neville suppressed a giggle. "You broke out in a very bad cold sweat. I had to wipe your body down or you could have gotten worse."

Draco reached his hand up to cup the back of Neville's head, pulling him down.

Neville was pulled into a hug, Draco's arms wrapped around him in a warm embrace.

"Thank you...for making sure I was okay." Draco held onto Neville for a little, feeling insecure after such a big struggle. He took care of me...perhaps I've been a bit too mean to him...I'll lighten up.

Neville smiled at Draco. "I'm so glad you're okay...I didn't know what was going to happen."

Draco looked at Neville, something inside him softening. "I'm okay now...will you stay? I don't know when Harry will be back."