Christmas Snow

The snow came down heavily the morning of Christmas Eve, the lake freezing over as the grounds were covered in a thick blanket of bright white fluffy flurries. Hollies and garland filled the halls and classrooms, warm twinkling lights of all colors accompanied by the comforting sense of holiday spirit filled the air.

Draco and Harry were out publicly, enduring many goofy smiles and kissy noises from their classmates was never easy to get use to.

What was worse was the looks of disapproval from some of the younger students, especially from Slytherin house. But regardless of the stares, Harry and Draco moved on together happily.

Harry held a long stemmed wine glass between his fingers, sipping Superior Red as he looked at the ornaments sparkle amongst the pine of the beautiful tree.

Draco was meeting Harry early at Horace Slughorn's special elite Christmas Eve party, his first public appearance since the death of his father.

Harry turned towards the elegant steps he heard, knowing those soft steps were none other than his lovers fancy pointed boots.

Draco walked over to Harry, admiring how handsome he looked in his fancy holiday outfit.

Harry felt his heart swell as Draco approached him, always admiring how he looked elegant no matter the occasion.

"Happy Christmas Eve my love." Draco took Harry's hand, kissing the top of it.

Harry squeezed Draco's hand, pulling him into a kiss. "I'm glad we're both standing here together, alive."

Draco tried not to think of the morbid tone of Harry's statement, knowing how lucky they both were after what happened. "I love you Harry." He kissed back.

"My, my, my!" Horace Slughorn's voice said loudly, interrupting their kiss unintentionally.

"Professor! Thank you for inviting us both this year!" Harry separated himself slightly, looking to Draco with a smile.

"It's a great honor to have made your list of excellence this year!" Draco joined the greeting, looking around at the students coming in.

"This is your last year! I wanted you both to be my honored guests of the party! It's the holidays, time for celebration and love!" Horace proudly tipped his chin up.

As the party became more lively, more whispers and giggles surrounded Harry and Draco.

Harry blushed a bit, clearing his throat. "I'll get us a drink!" He kissed Draco's cheek, wandering over to the refreshment table.

Horace waited for Harry to leave, moving closer to Draco. "Mr. Malfoy are you feeling better at all?"

Draco looked around for nozy listeners. "I told you last week I didn't want to talk about it."

Horace swirled his whiskey in his drink, taking a sip with a sigh. "I don't mean to pry, but what I said still stands, you need to talk to Poppy."

Harry came back over, handing Draco a crystal glass of wine. "Did I miss anything?"

Draco shook his head. "Just talking about classes starting again after the new year." He gave Horace a look, making sure he understood the conversation was over.