Chapter 3

Helooooooooooooooooo!!!!

In this story, Nico is a little down beat and self worth questioning. Percy is a little dark, the girl he loved just died, and Percy somewhat blames Nico. Percy is more like Nico in this fic, his mother died, and he's still looking for some love.

Anyways...

Chapter 3: Magic

The boy with dark clothes was following Percy Jackson unbeknownst to him. He'd been stalking him for sometime; blending in with the shadows had Percy become suspicious. He'd many reasons to hate this Percy Jackson, and only one to not - friendship. Apparently he and Twilight Sparkle had more in common than he knew. Friendship is Magic...totally a plausible idea.

He gave a dark chuckle, deep enough to remain unnoticed. Friendship, or as Chiron would call it 'love' was supposedly the strongest magic. Supposedly it was the magic that could end all suffering.

Nico thought it was a hoax, it didn't stop Bianca from dying, or for that matter, his mother.

But then again, maybe that was just how he saw love. Maybe, everyone saw love differently. Maybe, just maybe, no one could ever love something born of fire and ash.

He walked swiftly down the street lit by one overhanging light, trying not to disturb anything or anyone. His cheeks were webbed with old tears' shed because of anger...and wonder.

He sat down on a bench and felt the stick. The willow limb was cradled in his pocket; on contact it exuded some warm feeling into his body, covering him head to toe. How could a willow branch make him feel at home? He felt in his other pocket where the glass vial filled with a milky substance was, carefully tucked away for later investigations.

"I should have left you."

Percy halfway turned around to greet the angry voice, he saw Nico and let his shame rise to his cheeks; he let his long hair cover his face, masking. "Yeah," he agreed, "that probably would have been best."

"But I wouldn't have done it." Nico came closer and sat on the bench beside Percy. He looked up into Percy's gaze, before dropping it, "I'm your brother, and whatever you do can't change that."

"I know...I'm-I'm just so frustrated with this whole situation," Percy grasped handfuls of dark hair, trying to erase memories of darkness. His eyes stormed and a hurricane could be seen forming with huge, frothing waves. Then he straightened up, pushed down his anger, and accepted his lot. He apologized, "I'm sorry, I know we have our differences, but it's time to over look that, it was never your fault. I'm going to need you Nico, just as much as you're going to need me." Percy looked over his shoulder, always watching for danger - protecting.

"Let's go home." Nico grasped Percy's hand.

He heard the faint, "What is home?"

Home is where you're brothers and sisters and family is, don't ever lose sight of it, a homeless man is more dangerous than any, a man with no allegiance.

Tumbling in together, they both felt the same shock. The entire Senate was on their knees, Reyna and the newly arrived Frank setting the primary example. Everyone was bowing to her; bowing to the one person Percy knew had the answers. He stepped up, taking the initiative. "Lady Hecate, what a pleasure." He spoke with reserve, but command as well.

She looked terrible, aged to the max, with wrinkles and protruding jawbones, her face was swollen and puffy - nothing like the beautiful, alien woman who was usually seen. "I'm in no mood for games, Jackson," she looked at him crossly, but Percy saw a flash of desperation partially hidden. "I'm sure you've noticed the magic around here dissipating, you Romans aren't that ignorant," after Reyna's self-conscious nod she continued, "well the same thing's happening to Camp Half‑Blood, and it's all because of me.