Chapter 2

Gooday mates, hope yah all have good days!  :D

Chapter 2: The Destroyed House

Deep in the woods near a dark graveyard stood a boy no older than fifteen, his clothes were ripped and his arms bore many bleeding gashes. His aviator jacket was muddy and his combat boots showed years of age. He immediately checked his surroundings before collapsing near a fallen oak.

Nico di Angelo was not feeling the love... He had started out his day with a hundred-and-one hellhounds out to kill him just because he happened to stumble into their nesting grounds during breading season.

Go figure.

            Seriously, he'd been fighting for most of the morning and just when he'd almost gotten a break.

            "Nicky, need yah at Camp Jupiter," Percy's I-Message popped out of nowhere, scaring Nico half to death.

            "Percy," he whined, staring at Percy, "how 'bout tomorrow, I'm free then..."

He knew, in fact, that he was very much not free tomorrow, but he was hoping to delay the conversation.

Nico watched Percy's face become more serious, "Sorry, but I need you now, something is happening with the Camp, something bad."

Dang it.

"Bruh, I've been fighting hellhounds, like, all day... I'm tired!"

"Why didn't you just shadow travel away?"

Nico mentally face palmed, it couldn't have really been that easy...could it have been?"

Percy must've understood his look, "Dude, your blonde is showing..."

"I'm not blonde, I have amazing silky raven locks, and that's an insult to Jason and Annab—..."

There was that awkward silence, the same silence that popped up whenever Annabeth was mentioned—cold and unforgiving.

Why did you bring Annabeth up?

Nico felt like kicking himself. When Nico had been upset about Bianca, Percy comforted him, yet why couldn't he do the same?

Because you'll never be as good as Percy.

 "Sorry dude," Nico said blandly.                            

Percy face twisted in to an unpleasant emotion, his voice grim he said, "I better see you here by two o'clock sharp. Oh, and bring Valdez, Reyna thinks he might be able to help..."

            "Fine, I'll be there by five...which is two for all you Pacific Time Zone people," Nico added quickly.

            Percy's rough face melted into a small grin, "Thanks Nicky, I don't know what we'd do without you."

You'd all die and crumble to ashes because I wouldn't be able to wait on you're every command and order.

            Nico watched as Percy swiped his hand through the evaporating mist.

            Great.

Yeah, give the fifteen-year old kid who'd probably spent a third of his life alone with the dead, the job of messenger. It made Nico want to gag; interacting with people was hard enough, doing it on a daily basis made him want to curl up in a ball forever. Just because he could deliver the news in roughly an hour, and that was only considering he didn't pass out, it wasn't fair for him to be treated like a human Pony Express. Or an inhuman Pony Express, as he had lately been noticing that after he shadow traveled his hand passed through most objects, it made him queasy to think about what that could mean.