• Chapter 29 • Unfair fairness •

Start from the beginning

Johnathan tilted his head, slightly raised his eyebrows and was almost sure that he could feel something too rare inside him... Something he wanted to know more about...

That was the instant when he saw the one he had been calling father for so long, wielding a sword, silently approaching.

With just a slow but firm move, Ten was behind him, completely amazed by that action, her hands to her chest and moving a bit to let her curious eyes watch the scene. Had Johnathan protected her?

Magnus and Harry could not understand what was going on, but the gossiping, as much as Magnus hated to admit it, could be left for the moment.

-Alright, let's finish this and go home. Tessa, Catarina and Ragnor are waiting for us.

-You are really good at plans. -Proud of his big brother, Harry smiled and seconds later, felt himself more than ready to help.

Blue and green sparks illuminated the room, danced together against the gleaming light, swirling, strongly colliding in an attempt to pierce dark magic and seal the gate.

The gang noticed that and they needed no indications, they made sure to keep Amereth away from the warlocks. Even Asmodeus seemed to enjoy taking that revenge.

 -Twenty bucks that it goes directly into the forehead... -Matt was already preparing an arrow, his target clear.

Alec watched him and was not convinced if shooting Amereth was the best idea, but sometimes, trusted his twin's insane ideas.

-Thirty that it goes to the throat...

A crocked smile appeared on Matt's face when his little twin followed him and nodded. He would make her pay for everything... Even if Harry was back, he still wanted revenge... He wanted her blood to be spilled by him.

Suddenly, one of the birst flew to Matt, scratched his back and the boy groaned, trying to get rid of it.

Jace quickly slashed that creature in two with his Seraph Blade, instinctively looked at Alec, whose blue eyes silently thanked him.

Without even noticing, the arrow had flown to Amereth, almost piercing her forehead if it wasn't because she raised her hand.

The arrow completely pierced the palm, dark blood running through her wrist and her arm but no pain in her expression, she was even grinning and approaching them.

Some of the guardian were nothing more than a pile of sand, bones and the ragged robes on top, maybe they could not relax so fast.

Johnathan still stood in front of the man he thought his father, who approached, extended his hand.

-Let's leave... Johnathan, please... War only brings more war...

-And lies only lies... -He grinned and walked a bit more, looked at his hands, then at the man. -Now I could realize why am I not part of anything... Why am I so unique... -He clearly enjoyed the man's horrorized look. -You... "Repaired" me as your repaired my music box... Am I wrong, Valentine?

It was the first time he referred to the man by his name and he didn't appear to be surprised at all. Somehow, he knew that one day, his creation would turn against him.

-Your mo... Amereth... Brought you here and you died... You were just a baby... Her efforts to bring you back, were useless... -His voice shook a bit. From the very first instant, had clear that the baby he was saving, would be a despiadate monster. Smart, unique, but cruel... -And she searched for me in the mundane world... I was nothing more than a man who dedicated his life to repair rare and ancient objects...