• Chapter 5 • Ten •

-Okay... We're in big trouble... If the Fair folk knows we have one of their faeries and that she's hurt...

-Simon, stop or I'm gonna throw you out of the window.

With a firm voice tone and a deadly stare, Jace prevented Simon from keeping babbling as he always did.
The blond boy wasn't joking with his words, his patience was too limited.

-She's still bleeding... It's a deep wound.

Clary was trying to stop the faerie's wound from bleeding by covering it with pieces of cloth she could find at the infirmary, yet, they were all stained with red, as the girl's hands.
Her concerned eyes looked at the rest, hoping for a solution.

-Of course! Harry! Your magic!

Simon's idea was good, not as much as the loud voice tone he used for expressing it.
As fast as she could, Isabelle covered his mouth with her hand, she, as everybody else, watching Harry.

-Mom and Dad are about to come... How are we going to explain that her wound is cured? -Said Alec, while leaning next to the infirmary door, making sure that Maryse and Robert weren't there.

-I could try to at least stop it from bleeding...

And Harry came closer to the faerie, quite unsure, quite peessured.
He sat next to Clary, while she slowly uncovered the wound. Not a cut, it was more as if someone had stabbed her, yet, that was the least thing at the moment.
Harry took a deep breath, focused on the wound and his hands were now over her abdomen, red sparks covering it, but fading everytime he tried to maintain them.

Everyone was expecting him to do it, but his magic decided it was the best moment to betray him.
Clary held tighter the pieces of cloth, Isabelle looked around fearing her parents could appear, but Alec was already out to keep an eye on the corridors.

The faerie's face was even paler, if that was possible, her breath irregular and her body almost innert, and that wasn't helping Harry to focus.
What would Magnus do? What kind of spell he would use? He needed his big brother to guide him.

-Come on... Come on... -Muttered, eyes closed, hands slightly shaking. Who should a half demon and half angel pray to?

-Harry.

Matt's voice tensed his whole body, startling him for a brief period of time, then, he instantly relaxed. Despite their conversation about becoming Parabatai, Matt's voice still had a calming effect on Harry.
Maybe he didn't need to pray, he might just need someone to be there.

-Your power doesn't control you... Remember...

It could be too shameless to talk to him as if nothing happened, but Matt needed to reassure the other boy, to make sure he was sheltered. That necessity of protecting Harry would always be there. The hazel-eyed boy knew how capable the other one was.

After nodding, the half warlock closed his eyes one more time, tried once again and the gang could see how the wound seemed to slowly close, to stop pouring blood.
It might be not enough for curing it, but at least, the loss of blood problem was solved.

-Okay... -Quite agitated, Harry took his hands off the girl, and sighed, watching her, watching the wound. Then, a hand on her forehead. -She's cold, and totally wet, we have to make sure that her temperature raises.

From outside the corridor, Alec could hear Harry and his first thoughts were about Magnus, about how wise he was, about his knowledge in curing the ones who needed it. They were twins after all, their vibes were similar, and it was precisely what gave Alec an idea.
Just before Maryse and Robert were back, the young Shadowhunter had time to send the message and then, follow his parents to the infirmary.