∞14

GARAM POV

GARAM POV

We exited Taeyong's office. He was more than happy for us. And he also suggested we fix our friendship, which was more than fine with me and Doyoung.

Doyoung: Well, i am tired, so i am gonna sleep. Good night.

He pecked my forehead and i ended up smiling. But i didn't let go off his hand. So when he tried to walk away he was caught back.

Doyoung: You good?

Garam: Can i come along? 

I asked looking anywhere but at him. He chuckled.

Doyoung: God yes. Why are you so nervous in asking that?

Je pulled me along with him and we soon made it to his room. 

Doyoung: Do you want to change?

I shook my head feeling sleep coming over me. I lay down on his bed and he came to the side, caressing my head.

Doyoung: I will take a quick shower and come back. 

I nodded and turned around to my side. I heard him move around a bit before closing a door.  Soon i heard the shower turn on and i ended up falling asleep.

---

When i woke up next it was when there was a dip in the bed next to me. I saw Doyoung lie down before meeting my eyes.

Doyoung: Did i wake you up? 

Garam: Yeah... but it's okay.

He pulled me closer and cuddled me much to my satisfaction. We both seemed to relax and it turned peacefully silent.

Garam: Doyoung... i was thinking about the dream you had...

He hummed, waiting for me to continue.

Garam: what if... what if that actually happened. And i came from the future to save you?

He laughed.

Doyoung: Oh god, what happens in that brain of yours Garam...

He kept his eyes closed.

Doyoung: But if that did happen, i would only love you more. If that was even possible.

He snuggled his head into my shoulder, his hair tickling my skin and making me giggle.

Doyoung: But then... you will need to go back right? After you save me?

I nodded lightly. That was the reality that i forgot about by spending time with him. 

Doyoung: Then when you go back into the future... open a café maybe. And i will come find you.

He chuckled and i realized he still thought it was a joke.

Doyoung: Time travel can be dangerous though. If someone does make a machine and if it goes into the wrong hands, maybe you and me will never even exist.

He looked at me and caressed my cheek. 

Doyoung: Now stop thinking that nonsense and go to sleep. Like you said, you are here, now. Nothing else matters.

He pecked me and i felt my cheeks redden.

Doyoung: You use your brain too much.

Garam: It's my job.

Doyoung: uh huh. Sure.

Garam: yah!

He laughed as i smacked his arm. 

I also seemed to realize that... I have never felt this content before.

---

A few weeks passed by like a breeze. But one day when i came out of the lab, it was late night. And when i went to see Doyoung he wasn't there.

A panic rose in me when i knocked on the door of Taeyong's office. Jia opened it rather annoyed. I felt terrible to interrupt their time but after seeing my worried look, she let me in.

Taeyong: What's wrong?

Garam: Where is Doyoung?

Taeyong: On a mission, why?

Garam: Who all went?

Taeyong: Doyoung, Mark, Minji and Wonra- why?

A terrible feeling settled over me.

Garam: We need to go there. 

Taeyong: Garam, you must be over reacting. He will be fine-

I shook my head. One week was left for me to go back. This had to be it. 

Garam: We have to go. Trust me.

Jia: Tae... the both of us will take her there. When she sees everything is fine, she will be fine too. 

Taeyong frowned. He was not happy to go but nodded.

Taeyong: Fine. Let's go then.