don't die this time.

— don't die this time
30 october 1977

— don't die this time30 october 1977

☄️☄️☄️

"WHAT?" SHE CALLS OUT FURIOUSLY, TURNING AROUND. "WHAT DO YOU GOT TO SAY TO ME BLACK?"

"I'm sorry, alright?" Regulus answers and gulps. His gaze travels around, as if he's making sure no one else is here to listen. "When I'm sleep deprived, I get a bit mean.."

"A bit mean is an understatement, but fine." Callisto utters quietly. She avoids his eyes and crosses her arms in front of her chest defensively. She didn't expect an apology from him.

It's getting cold outside and the sun starts to set down earlier these days. But Callisto doesn't mind the darkness. Not at all. She's always found comfort in it in some kind of way.

The wind is blowing her hair in all kind of directions and annoyed, she tries to tame it.

She has always hated her hair. Barty Crouch has made a nasty comment about it in their first year that made her hate it even more.

When she looks up again, she catches Regulus staring at her. His expression is serious, like he's thinking hard but she imagines it slightly softening by her poor attempt to keep her hair out of her face.

"You should be happy that I'm not playing tomorrow McAdams." Black finally manages to say. "It's your turn to show what you've got. Believe in yourself." He shrugs his shoulders and Callisto notices how he's fidgeting with his hands behind his back.

"But it's not normal for you to not play Black." She tries to sound unbothered but fails completely. Their eyes meet and time slows down.

His dark eyes take her in, and she starts to wonder for a second what they would look like if he fell in love. But she realizes quickly, how stupid this thought of her is....

"And it's not normal for you to care about me. Be happy that you'll play and stop pitying me like I'm some stupid kid." He starts to walk past her, brushing her shoulder as he tries to escape their conversation. Like always.

.... Black is a cold hearted asshole, who doesn't simply fall in love.

☄️☄️☄️

Ravenclaw isn't as bad as some Slytherins might think. Their quidditch team consists of very qualified players who aren't scared to show what they've got. Callisto never underestimates the other houses, she doesn't think of her own as superior, but some of her teammates do.

She forgot that, besides her, Talkalot and Cordule, there are only boys on their team. And boys are brain-rotten sometimes.

Their match against Ravenclaw is heated. But not the weather. The rain is pouring down on the pitch and it's almost impossible to see anything at all.