"There. Now we're even," he says. "You can open your eyes now," he adds.

I open my eyes and look at him. He looks really flustered. 

"What happens if I were to kiss you without permission again? Would you make it even by doing the same thing once more?" I ask. 

"If your eyes were closed then maybe," he says, surprised but also flustered. I smile softly before leaning in and kissing him again just a bit longer. I close my eyes. After a moment he returns the gesture. This time though when he kisses me I kiss him back. He doesn't pull away like I kind of expected him to. He increases the pressure and I copy him. He seems to know what he's doing. I'm not clueless though. I reach up and grab the back of his neck as I sit up and turn fully towards him. He reaches out and grabs ahold of my shirt. I push forwards until he's forced onto his back. He lets go of my shirt and puts his hand on my side. We continue kissing. We keep turning our heads until we find what feels best.

There's something I want to try. Will he let me? He's let me go this far. I don't want to scare him away though because I don't want this moment to end. My brain stops for a second and then goes into overdrive when he does exactly what I wanted to. He opens his mouth and I do the same. Our tongues push back and forth until we are forced to pull away from air. I open my eyes and look down at him. He's looking at me surprised so I give him a smile. 

"Definitely as soft as I imagined," I say and watch as his face flushes. That could just be a trick of the light but I doubt it. "Logan is going to kill me if he finds out about this," I say but am not too upset. 

"Guess we better make sure he doesn't find out then," he says. I chuckle and lean down to kiss him again.

I think this is the best day of my life. My mother is going to flip when I tell her about this. She's probably the only person I'll tell about this because one; she already knows about our nightly visits and two; she'd keep it to herself until I'm ready to tell my father. Virgil lifts his knee in between my legs, making me gasp. 

"Virgil," I say against his lips, unsure if he meant to do that. 

"Yes?" he asks. 

"Nothing," I say softly. We go back to kissing but I jump back when there's a knock on the door. Virgil and I look at each other in slight panic. If anyone and I mean anyone found out what we were doing we'd be in big trouble because we aren't married. Nor are we engaged. 

"Maybe they'll just leave," I say just loud enough only Virgil can hear me. Another knock. The two of us hold our breath for a few seconds before finally we hear footsteps walking away. I sigh and hide my face in the crook of Virgil's neck. 

"We shouldn't be doing this.." I say softly. 

"I know," he says and I can hear his disappointment. I pull away from him.

We sit back next to each other. 

"I should go and let you get some sleep," I tell him. He nods albeit sadly. I immediately feel bad because this only happened because I started it. I move to the end of the bed and stand up. Before I leave though I need to feel him one more time. I lean down and get him to look at me. Then I lean in and softly kiss him goodbye. He kisses me back before reluctantly pulling away. I walk over to his balcony as Virgil puts out the lights. I stand there for a moment and feel my heart break when I hear soft sniffling. He's crying.

Knowing there's nothing I can do to make this better I decide to leave. I climb up the grooves in the wall to the roof. I make my way back to my chambers. When I reach them I feel anger rush through me. Not at Virgil. Never at Virgil but instead at myself. I grab the nearest thing I can reach and throw it across the room. It crashes to the floor.