40. Dev Ki Dulhaniya

"Anamika timepass nako karu, pahile anghol karun ye" (don't waste your time, go and bathe first) Meera heard her Maushi dismiss Anamika.
"Maushi, it's only 4:30 in the morning, plus look, somebody is already in there." Anamika yawned and pulled the duvet over her head.
"Oh hello, the bathroom is empty." Meera jumped into the conversation.
Anamika squinted her eyes as Meera lifted the blanket off her.
Seeing Meera in a saree, Anamika sat up with a jolt and shrieked "Meera you're ready?! Why didnt y'all wake me up before?"
"Anu, I'm just wearing the saree, I'm yet to do other things, you've fifteen minutes, bathe and come." Meera calmed her down and Anamika ran to the bathroom.
"Don't get ready without me." Anamika screeched from inside the bathroom and Meera assured her.

"Bhai tu kya aaram se baith ke coffee pi raha hai?" Ruturaj reprimanded Dev who was sitting in the balcony.
"Abhi to sunrise bhi nahi hua aur kitni thand hai, ye coffee se I get warmth." Dev defended himself.
"Ye mein kar leta hu, aap Dream 11 pe team banaye." Ruturaj imitated the advertisement and Dev was in splits.
"Achha hua aaj tak kabhi woh atrocious ad nahi karna pada mujhe, but Rutu, tu achhi acting kar leta hai." Dev laughed.
"Woh sab rehne de, tu jaa ke naaha le. Yaar tu navra mulga hai!"(you're the groom)
Rutu practically snatched the mug away and Dev had to reluctantly leave.

One could hear and see chaos in the house.
Many people rushing to attend to different demands, some cooking, some lazing around, some dressed up and some getting ready.
"Why are we cooking? Caterers hai na?" Diksha bemused on seeing people in the kitchen cooking.
"Caterers  are for the lunch, dinner to ghar pe hi hoga na." Yash said as he twirled a hair strand of hers in his fingers.
"You dare spoil my hair!" Diksha threatened him and Yash clumsily backed off.
"Also, why are you still in a tshirt? Naha liya?"
"Ha naha liya but woh kurte mein mujhe uneasy hota hai, woh material kuch alag hi hai isiliye." Yash followed Diksha as she poured tea in cups and put them in a tray.
"So you'll attend the wedding in a tshirt?" Diksha raised her eyebrow.
"So you'll attend the wedding in a nightdress?" Yash counter questioned.
"Nah, this is just easy to work in. I'm yet to change into my wedding outfit."
"It's the same with me then and I'll be off for now, Maushi wants me to get flowers." Yash waved his hand and  Diksha smiled before she served tea to others.

One could see two contrasts in the same house.
In one room, Meera was dressing up and in another room, Dev was all ready.
"Till the shaadi, ladka ladki aren't supposed to be under the same roof na? Idhar to ulti Ganga beh rahi hai." One of Dev's friends joked.
"Ab kya hi kare?" Dev sighed.
"But you still can't see Meera until the vidhi (rituals) starts." Ruturaj stated.
"It's actually funny you know, I know my wife is in the next room but I can only fathom."
"This is why I always despise being a muggle. Magic hoti toh I'd have made the wall transparent." Dev spoke as he looked at the scape of the wall.
"That's subtle breach of privacy but fine, you're getting married." Ruturaj interjected.

"Ae Dev Dada, tumhe neeche bulaya hai." Some kid informed him and Dev knew, this was it.

Through the window, Dev could see the mandap all decorated with Orchids and fairy lights.
The theme for the decor was lavender and white like Meera wanted.
Dev sat on the small flat stool and awaited Meera's arrival, observing the people around him. Meera's Dad was wearing a yellow kurta with a floral pheta and talking to someone on call.
He also saw a 'phete wala' wrapping pheta on men.

Dev's vision went to the right where he saw his mum and dad talking about something with Chandni.
Chandni was wearing a bottle green Paithani saree (traditional Maharashtrian saree) and was pointing to somewhere while talking to her mum.
Dev didn't fail to notice the little nath in her nose and also the green bangles in her hands.