12. Karle Tu Bhi Mohabbat

RCB vs PBKS.
Tis the day.

The team left for the Brabourne Stadium at 5 in the evening. It was still sunny but not the annoying type sunny.
Meera was sipping on Frooti in the dressing room when Dev came and sat beside her.

"Yaar Frooti!!! I remember when I was in 6th, there was this rumor that Frooti had blood in it and my mother really freaked out that time".
"Ho, I remember. Aai didn't let me drink Frooti for 6 months thereafter." Meera chuckled.

"How I wish I'd have a taste of Frooti"
"Chaiye kya ek sip?? But it's jhootha. Chalta hai kya?" Meera offered Dev her Frooti.
"Ha, Ha chalta hai" Dev replied and sipped the frooti through the straw. He emptied all of it in one go.
"Kya yaar, meri frooti khatam kar di!" Meera scolded.

"It was destined to go into my intestine" Dev answered witty.
She slapped him on his arm and he ran away from there into the dugout.

God would be lying if Dev didn't get excited at the thought of drinking frooti from the same straw as Meera. It was indirectly the touch of her lips and he couldn't deny.
He'd want to touch her lips one day.

He was in trance when Virat tapped him on the shoulder, "Young man, dhyaan kidhar hai"
"Kuch nahi"
"Chal ab"
"Ha bhai".

The game begin at a good pace and RCB were 35/0 in 3.5 overs.
Devdutt was smashing fours and sixes till the 10th over when Virat's wicket fell. Maxi joined Devdutt and they made a partnership of 40 runs.
Devdutt was on 80 when Arshdeep Singh bowled a yorker and Devdutt was bowled.
He was happy though when he returned to the dressing room because he'd played a crucial part in the team's running.

Rcb bowled well too. But during the 5th over, Siraj got hit on the thumb. Everyone gathered around him and in came Meera. She accompanied him to the dressing room and a substitute fielder was sent in.
Rcb won the match by a margin of 34 runs. Devdutt was awarded the Man of the Match for his splendid innings and a brilliant catch.

Around 12:30 in the night, everyone boarded the bus. Meera was already sitting when Dev walked upto her and asked, "Is this seat taken?"
Meera shook her head and Dev sat beside her.
"Well played, young man!" Meera congratulated him.
"Thank you young woman!". To which Meera chuckled.
Meera took out her earbuds and handed one to Dev. He gladly took it and a lovely song started playing.

In dino dil mera mujhse hai keh raha tu, khwaab saja
Tu jee le jara.
Devdutt and Meera both smiled at each other.
Hai tujhe bhi ijazat, karle tu bhi mohabbat.

Dev felt the lyrics associated with his life. For the past few days he was convinced that he liked Meera.
He was in emotional turmoil and mind conflicts which made him debate whether to act on his feelings or to wait. He didn't know if he could handle a relationship efficiently.

Usko chhupakar mein sabse kabhi le chalu kahi door aankhon ke pyaalo se peeta rahu uske chehre ka noor.

Dev looked at Meera to find her sitting with closed eyes and a content expression on her face. Devdutt kept staring at her and remembered how gorgeous she looked in that pink kurta and denim.
Iss jamane se chhupkar puri kar lu mein hasrat.

He felt Meera's head  trying to reach his shoulder and so he lowered his body so as to give her space. She kept her head on his shoulder and slept the whole journey.
Devdutt saw her hair falling on her face and he was sure that he'd never seen something this beautiful. He fighted the urge to touch her lips with his.
As they reached the hotel, he lightly whispered in her ears to wake her up. She looked quite worn off and so Devdutt accompanied her to her room and returned to his with a smile and a triumphant feeling.

_________________________________________

Hello!
You're gonna get a  Dev's birthday update for sure.
Not about Dev's birthday but an update for sure.

Also, In Dino is such a beautiful song.
Pritam has to be the best gift the music industry got.

Tell me your favorite song in the comments!

Love ya!