11. Gym Accident

Meera's POV

Today's Monday and I've absolutely zero motivation to get out of bed and hit the gym.

I woke up with a jerk after my alarm buzzed and I've been up for the last 15 minutes just contemplating whether to neend poori kar lu ya gym jau.

Okay jaate hai gym varna I wont fit into my dresses.
I wore my workout clothes, plugged in
my earbuds and climbed on to the treadmill.

Okay Meera, you got this.

After 15 minutes of extreme cardio, panting af I sat on a bench. My breathing was so heavy that I was literally sounding like Hah,Hah,Hah.

Just then Devdutt entered the gym.
He was wearing the rcb training jersey and shorts.
"Are, aaj mehmaan aaye hai gym mein" he said.
My breathing was still heavy so I gave him a crooked smile.
"You're panting so much! Itna stamina nahi hai tum me" he teased me.
"Ha ha, ab dekhti hu tumhara stamina" I answered.

"Ha dekhlo, mere pass bohot stamina hai" he replied and I burst out laughing.
It dawned upon him that his statement was somewhat a sexual inneundo.
"Chhi yaar Meera, double meaning hi nikal tu bas."
"I cant help it yaar" I was still laughing.

He continued with his workout and I decided to hop on the treadmill again.

Third person POV.

Dev was in a different area of the gym when he heard someone in the gym yell.
He ran to the place to see Meera lying on the floor. He tried to shake her but she showed no response.

"Kya hua isse??"
Someone in the gym answered, "She stepped down from the treadmill and the next thing she collapsed. Lagta hai over exertion ke baje se chakkar aayi hogi."

Devdutt picked up Meera in his arms and carried her to her room. He called the team Doctor and upon checking her, the doctor said that due to over exertion and abnormal heart rate, she fell unconscious. Plus she had not eaten anything in the morning.

Devdutt's POV.

She was lying on the bed in front of me and I couldn't phrase what I was feeling right now. Anger, tension, and care.

Bina kuch khaye kaun gym aa jata hai. Agar kuch serious ho jata to??

I was seated on the bed when I felt some movement to see Meera trying to get up. She was still in her workout clothes still looking beautiful.

"Where am I?" She asked.
"Tumhare room mein".
"How did I end up here?? I was at the gym right??"
"Woh main baad me batata hun but first have something."
She had some fruits and an energy drink.

"Ha to ab batao what happened??"
"To Madam, aap treadmill pe se utar gayi aur aap unconsious ho ke gir gayi udhar hi" I told her.
"Ohh ha, I remember that I fell but how did I come here?" She asked.
"I carried you,duh!" I frankly told her.

"Carried as in?!" She asked instantly.
"Carried as in suhag raat type carried, bridal style." I added.
She was shocked.
"Oh God,kisi ne dekha kya hume?" She asked in a voice filled with dread.
"Nahi, don't freak out kisi ne nahi dekha aur agar dekha bhi hota to bhi koi kuch nahi kehta"
"Hash!"
"Par tum kitni bhari ho Meera! Tumhe uthane mein hi mera arms day ho gaya"

She threw a pillow at me and we both started laughing. Ahh,that smile. That damned smile.

She got the day off because of her accident in the gym and I missed her the whole time at training and in the bus.
We were returning to the hotel when the radio in the bus was put on and 'tera hone laga hoon' played.

I closed my eyes and involuntarily Meera's face appeared in my thoughts.

The way her hair felt, the way she felt in my arms like I wanted to hold on to her forever. The way she obsesses over Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter.
She's not something you would see everyday.
She doesn't put on makeup and wear skimpy clothes just for Instagram.

Also, the way she calls ne Dev. And the way she speaks bits of Marathi in normal conversations. The way she's proud of herself for getting her dream job. The way she confidently walks into the room as if she owns it.
The way she scolds me when I spend money on petty things.

I like her!

My day doesn't go well if I don't see her. Even the restlessness I experienced when she was unconscious was totally new for me.

What if I fall in love? Will I be able to cope up with all those trials of a relationship?

My thoughts came to a halt as the bus stopped at the hotel.
I don't know if she even had any past relationships or if she was heartbroken before.
Whatever bond I have with her is too sacred and pure.

_________________________________________

Hola people!!!!
Now answer me honestly.
Is it only me or do you guys ever go and stalk the girls Dev follows and then you're like why is he even following them?
Like there are 2,3 of the girls Dev follows that I absolutely despise. And upar se Dev likes their posts🤷‍♀️.