TROUBLE

DISCLAIMER!

Trigger Warning: non-con/SA [last part of chapter]

The day started out as normal as can be...

Knockout continued his streak as nuisance of the week, with Bumblebee spending the better part of his time trying to appease Knockout's needs, while Moonracer and Steeljaw idly stand around watching the chaos unfold until it gets to a point where they have to intervene.

In the past, Starscream would be the one getting on everyone else's nerves. This time, he is the one who is completely done with this scrap and deems it best to stay out of the way. He walks past the corridor leading to med-bay and takes the long way around to his room.

Technically, his cell, but for the sake of his sanity, he chooses to think of the little things, like how he actually has a place to rest and relax, separate from everyone else.

Starscream was about to make a beeline for his berth when something caught his optic. It was the Lightbender Knockout had given him after they left Velocitron. The dark purple orb, glowing a bright aquamarine, was resting on a shelf.

Today, something about its aura drew him closer.

Starscream hummed, picking the Lightbender from its place and turning it over in his claws, entranced by its mysterious beauty. His attention remained unbroken for a while. Then, grabbing miscellaneous pieces of material and retreating to his berth, Starscream fashioned himself a clasp for the Lightbender. Carefully, he angled it in the space between his wings and shoulder plate.

"Good, you're stuck there," Starscream said, flicking his wings. "Now, for the real test."

He located a mirror, and activating the Lightbender, watched as he transformed in front of his very own optics, presently sporting a beige and black color scheme with maroon wings, orange optics, and a short, jagged helm.

"Not bad."

Starscream turned this way and that, admiring his new sleek frame...

BOOM!

But then something hit the ship, causing it to shudder and shake violently, and the alarms to go crazy. Starscream struggled to keep his balance while covering his audio receptors.

"What in the Pits is going on?"

---

"Moonracer, let go! We can't leave!"

"I don't want to, Knockout, but we have to!"

"Listen to me!"

"I am listening to you, but Bumblebee's right! We have to get you out of here!"

"But we can stay and help!"

"Not in your state, you can't, and I refuse to leave you alone! Besides, the others can take care of themselves!"

"Yeah, I know that, but we have no idea what's going on!"

"All the more reason to get out of here!"

Knockout knew he wouldn't win this argument, so he shut his mouth and started thinking of another way. The answer came when the ship took a volley of hits, throwing everyone off balance. Moonracer stumbled and fell against Knockout, sending them careening into a room harboring escape pods. The pods themselves weren't very big, most likely meant for single passengers, and only one of them appeared to be in working order.