TEAM BONDING PART 2

"BUMBLEBEE!"

Dozing off, attempting to enjoy the peace and quiet, the yellow and black mech jumped with a fright, straight out of his seat.

"Knockout!" Bumblebee cried, placing a servo on his chassis. "Primus, don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry," Knockout apologized.

Bumblebee vented and rubbed his temples.

"What do you need?"

"Oh, well, you see, our Energon stores are kinda-sorta-out?"

". . . What do you mean we're out of Energon?"

"Well..."

"Someone's been hogging all the Energon for themself!" Starscream accused, entering the bridge.

"Excuse me? I did not!" Knockout countered. "If anyone's to blame for us being out, it's you, Starscream!"

"What? Me? How is this my fault?"

"You keep getting yourself injured! Every planet we've visited so far, you're the one who comes out looking like a beaten pile of scrap metal! I practically used all of our Energon stores to get you back on your pedes every single time!"

"Still, how is any of that my fault?"

"WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?" Moonracer shouted from her place in the open doorway, data pad in-servo. "By the stars, it sounds like a warzone in here. I could hear you all the way down the hall! Do you not know how to have a civilized conversation?"

The squabbling mechs couldn't apologize fast enough, though Bumblebee was no longer paying attention to them. He was looking for someone else.

Where's Steeljaw been during all this? He couldn't have possibly not heard anything. His sense of hearing is better than all of ours combined! Is he just ignoring us? Or did he finally make his room soundproof? I told him to let me know if he made any adjustments!

PING!

An Energon alert.

That should be enough reason to get Steeljaw out here.

---

The planet – Polaris – resembled the Earth's poles: a frozen, seemingly lifeless wasteland. The wind whipped, sending flurries of snow scattering across the sparkling white and blue terrain.

"Great, another cold-aft death trap," Starscream snarled, wrapping his arms around himself. "The ones on Earth were bad enough. No way am I going on a planet-sized version!"

"Energon, Starscream! Energon!" Knockout argued.

"I am not freezing to death, Knockout! Besides, I can handle being without Energon longer than the rest of you."

"Fair enough," Bumblebee agreed, mostly so he didn't have to listen to Starscream complain every two seconds about something or another. "Remember, Starscream, Moonracer is going to be here, too. Don't cause her any trouble, got it?"

"I wouldn't dream of it!"

Bumblebee just rolled his optics.

---

As he thought back on it, Bumblebee realized that letting Starscream stay behind was a good call on his part. A very good call. Both himself and Knockout were in the process of trying to outrun a blizzard headed their way as fast as their alt modes would allow them to on the slippery surface of the ice and snow-covered ground.