Chapter 26

(Pokemon is not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the anime.
"talking"
'thinking'
-poke speech-
Enjoy!)

Serena fell on her bed, 'I am so exhausted.'

Clemont, "You okay there, Serena?"

Serena, "Ugh! My body feels pain in places I never knew would feel pain. Ash is a very strict taskmaster. I can't believe, I used to have a crush on him."

Clemont laughed, "That bad, huh?"

Serena (/ω\), "I can't move because of exhaustion. His training is hard already but next week, Gary wants to teach me as well."

Clemont, "Did you stretch yet?"

Serena nodded, "Yes, I did, Ash would not let me start or leave training without proper stretches."

Clemont, "Good then, I will prepare a nice hot water bath for you. Just relax okay. I will order lunch for both of us while you wash up. The Le Marissa Cafe a few blocks from here make delicious Crepes and Bouillabaisse."

Serena, "Sounds good."

Bonnie, "What are we learning today?"

Gary, "We are going to meditate like yesterday. But unlike yesterday we are going to see if you can summon your aura outside."

Bonnie, "Cool."

Bonnie focused on reaching her aura and tried to coax it outside her body. It was much harder then it sounded. She was disappointed she could not call her aura but did not give up.

Bonnie, "I will try my best."

Gary, "I know you will. Ash is here."

Ash, "I am back."

Gary, "How did the training go?"

Ash, "Serena took to training like a Goldeen to water. She is doing really well."

Bonnie, "That's good right?"

Ash, "Very good. How was your training?"

Bonnie beamed, "I can feel my aura though I can't call it yet. I will get there soon."

Ash grinned and pat her head, "That's the spirit."

They continued their journey with personal training put in every morning. Clemont joined the girls in training and meditation on alternate days and soon enough it was time for Pokemon Showcase Master Class. Serena was feeling very confident about performing in front of a large audience. They had made many stops through the towns and villages they passed. Ash had set up places for Serena to practice applying her new training into performance.

It would be a good way to ensure she kept training after they separated from each other. In the beginning it had been a bit difficult to mix what she learned in self defense training with the show case. But after a few trial and errors, she came up with performances that could incorporate her moves with her Pokemon. Her Sylveon and Braxien were always happy to dance with her on stage. It was a very close competition with Serena going toe to toe with Shauna, Miette, Nini and much to Ash's pleasant surprise Zoey.

The red haired teen girl later told them, she had seem some of the show cases and wanted to try her hand at it. Gary was very impressed by her performance and had complimented her on her hard work. Zoey eyed her latest competition, especially Serena and commended her on her good performance. Serena turned red at the compliment and gave a happy grin when Zoey said she would probably be her toughest opponent. It was the highest praise for her and promised to do her best.

Serena beat Zoey to the final round, much to the blond girl's surprise. She was not sure if she would have been able to defeat the red head. Braxien poked her and she cheered as she hugged her Pokemon and got ready to face her final opponent. The long time running Kalos Queen, Aria who had been defending her title for three years now. Serena gave it her all against Aria but at the end Aria still won. However, Serena noted she was very close to beating Aria.