🌺

The students looked in confusion and horror as the star basketball player of their college, the absolute heartthrob of the campus, dashed out of the cafeteria with a horrendous coughing fit. His close friend, Mingi, immediately rushed after him.

Murmurs immediately started echoing through the hall.

 A loud gasp grabbed the attention of the students who turned to look at a girl pointing towards where Choi San was previously sat with his friends.

A single lavender flower coated in crimson contrasted heavily against the white tiles of the college.

"Oh my god."

Wooyoung's brows furrowed as he stared at the bloody flower on the floor.

"He's coughing up flowers?" He mumbled.

"No, that's a seaweed."

Wooyoung shot Yeosang a blank stare who looked at him with an equally unimpressed one.

"He likes someone." Wooyoung wondered. The implication was simply too absurd. Wooyoung wouldn't call him a fuckboy per se but the older has had a reputation of being so called 'unattainable'. He was known for dating students- girls and boys alike- just for amusement and breaking up with them in less than 2 months. 

Partly why Wooyoung despised him so much. 

He was the last person Wooyoung would expect to get the disease. While getting diagnosed with hanahaki wasn't uncommon, it was still a rarity in their college.

"No. He's absolutely in love with that person." Yeosang corrected him nonchalantly, busy munching on his sandwich.

Now that was even more ridiculous.

"What are the symptoms of that disease again?"
Wooyoung turned to Yeosang who gave him an exaggerated look.

"Seriously Wooyoung?" Yeosang deadpanned. Wooyoung just shoved him with an eye roll.

"Bitch I don't remember. None of my close friends or relatives have been infected with it."

Yeosang sighed dramatically and continued inhaling that godforsaken sandwich. Wooyoung shot him a glare.

After taking his sweet time and finishing it, he straightened up.

"So basically when the person falls in love and their love is unrequited, they start coughing up petals and if their love is still not returned it gets worse over time and roots start to grow in their lungs and they cough out whole flowers instead."

Wooyoung winced. Roots growing in the lungs did not seem like a pleasant experience. At all.

"It's fatal right?" Wooyoung did not know many people who suffered with hanahaki. He had only heard stories from other people and watched films where the protagonists choke on flowers. Though no one had been dead in any of these instances.

"If their love is not returned then it is."

Wooyoung frowned. It seemed like every other person in this stupid college was head over heels for San. It didn't make any sense to him.

Wooyoung shook his head. It didn't concern him at all. It's not his problem so he pushed those thoughts aside and ran a hand through his purple hair with a sigh. 

"Serves him right, I guess." Wooyoung muttered under his breath.

 Ever since they knew each other- practically their whole life- San had somehow always managed to get on Wooyoung's nerves. From middle school to high school, they never saw eye to eye. Always at each other's throats for the smallest things much to their friends' annoyance. It became even worse when they ended up in the same fucking college and major too. It's like Wooyoung couldn't stay away from him no matter what.