TWO | REVELATIONS

Start from the beginning

"Looking for what?"

"Have you always been this nosy?"

"I'm not nosy," Elena sounded offended. "I just want to know what's going on. I kind of need to be in the loop."

Indigo let out a triumphant noise as she found a pen tucked in between the pages of one of the books. "That's literally the definition of being nosy, Elena. But you're right — you do need to know what's going on. I need you to distract them so that I can contact Bonnie."

The brown-haired girl let out a quiet breath, chewing her bottom lip anxiously. "Distract them. Okay. How am I supposed to do that?"

"I dunno," Indigo eyed the ballpoint pen. "Go ask them questions or something. Or say you have to pee...you do have to pee, right?"

Indigo leaned forward, sniffing the doppelgänger to make sure she hadn't peed on herself amongst the day's chaos.

Elena swatted her away with a frown. "I don't know. I'm too scared to focus on my bodily functions right now. I just found out that I'm going to have to die in some sacrifice."

Indigo tapped the pen on her hand as she stared at the girl sympathetically. "Hey, Dumb and Dumber aren't going to let you die," she rolled her eyes as she thought about the Salvatore brothers. "And neither is Bonnie. Right now, we just need to focus on getting out of here."

Elena shot her appreciative grin. "Thanks. Do you think she was telling the truth? About the marriage thing?"

"Maybe." Indi grunted. She didn't want to think about it. "Just go find them. Ask them a bunch of questions...I'm sure you have plenty. We need to get out of here."

Elena nodded and scurried up the staircase. Indi turned her attention towards the slip of paper, quickly scribbling a message to send to Bonnie.

Elena and I have been kidnapped. Hurry up. They're going to send us somewhere else - Indi she wrote. Then, after bracing herself, she stabbed the palm of her hand with the pen, a small spout of blood spilling. She let the blood drop onto the paper as she closed her eyes, willing an image of Bonnie in her mind. Slowly, she felt the paper in her hands disappear.

Indigo walked back over to the couch, sinking onto the uncomfortable cushions with furrowed eyebrows. She'd done her part; it was up to Bonnie, Damon, and Stefan to finish the job.

A few minutes later, Elena was being tugged downstairs by Rose and Trevor, struggling to keep up with their quick pace. The doppelgänger was shoved into the seat next to Indigo. Rose began organizing the books as Trevor leaned against the staircase.

"Tell us more about the originals." Elena crossed her arms across her chest.

"Captivity's made you pushy, eh?" Trevor quirked an eyebrow in amusement. "What do you want to know, dopplelicious?"

Indigo cringed at the horrendous nickname as Elena let out an annoyed noise. "Who are they?"

Trevor's eyes slid over to her, the amusement in his eyes slowly dying. "They are the first family from the old world. Rose and I pissed—" Rose shot him an icy look. "Correction, I pissed them off. Rose just had my back. And for over half a millennium, they've wanted us dead."

"That's a mighty long time to hold a grudge," Indi lazily drawled. "What did you do?"

"Well, when you're immortal, you have all the time in the world. It's hard to forget betrayal, especially as big as what I did." Trevor sighed.

"Wow. And I thought I was petty." The witch's eyebrows lifted in surprise. "What did you do?"

"He made the dire mistake of Katerina Petrova." Rose bitterly spat. "And we've been running ever since."