𝗔// 𝗔𝘴𝘴𝙖𝘴𝘴ℹ𐒐𝘴╱〒ɘṃᴘ/𝙖𝘳𝘴 𝛘 𝘞𝘳ℹ𝖙ɘ𝘳 𝙖𐒐ⅆ 𝟊𝘳ℹɘ𐒐ⅆ𝘴 ♯𝟚

Start from the beginning

Timeskip brought to you by the writer feeling like merde while writing and listening to the Black Flag soundtrack album at 10:30pm-

I order an avocado toast and Sprite, just to keep breakfast light. Edward orders a meat lover's poutine and a Coca Cola. As I eat and look around the restaurant, I see a couple of faces that I definitely didn't want to see.

"Celina?" Edward asks as he sips some of his Coke.

"No," I reply. "Just...other people I harbor an intense hate for."

Ah, yes. Sara and Josh. Two of the most self-centered, egotistical, self-absorbed living stereotypes I've had the extreme displeasure of meeting. "I smell burning plastic." Edward mutters to me, gesturing to Sara.

I nearly choke on my Sprite, which causes them both to look at our table. A snort from Josh. "Wondering how you could nab a guy like that when he's probably wrapped around my finger just by the sight of me."

"I was reading a book with a gruesome murder in it the other day," I reply coolly. "The victim had acid poured down her throat and half her face was gone with multiple frantic stabbing wounds."

I could hear Sara's audible gasp from behind me and I knew I had pushed a couple buttons. "But here's the kicker: When that victim is in the autopsy room, she looks horrible. Now I'm going to bet this guy here-" I gesture to Edward sitting across from me. "$20 that the victim getting autopsied is uglier than your face."

"You do know that is called bullying-" Josh starts.

"Save your pathetic elementary insults for daycare Josh," I say. "If you want to fight me, take it outside so these poor people don't have to see you flat on your ass and bawling because I ruined your hair or broke your limited edition Ariana Grande perfume bottle."

"You know what?" Sara says. "I'll take you up on that offer."

"Wow, I didn't think plastic could burn so much in February," I say, kind of cracking up. "Are you a special type?"

"I suggest you two back down," Edward says. "Ash has a way with words that can cut people down to their lowest point if they get pissed enough."

"This doesn't concern you, stay out of it." Josh snaps at him.

"Oh it concerns him alright," I say, starting to lose my temper. "You mess with him, you mess with me. Now Sara, you said you'd take me up on the offer to fight outside? Wouldn't you freeze and become so brittle in the cold you break?"

Edward knows instantly what's about to happen as we both wolf down our food and quickly pay the bill. The other two...beings-I refuse to acknowledge them as human beings-do the same and suddenly we're all out in the brisk-but not quite cold-February air.

"Who's going to hit first?" I ask, looking between the two beings that now were glaring at Edward and I.

"I told ya both, wrong choice," Edward says. "Last chance."

They don't back down. Sara swings a punch, but it's weak and the positioning is all wrong, so I just grip her wrist right where the veins of her arms met. And I squeezed them with all my strength. A yell of pain from her. From what I could see, all color had leeched from her hand because blood flow was cut off.

I release my grip and she staggers back, clenching her hand and tears free falling down her face. I crinkled my nose, still smelling burning plastic.

Josh throws a malformed and useless punch at my face, but I easily grip his shoulder and hurl him into the nearby tree trunk. I see his limited edition Ariana Grande perfume with a bright purple pompom on it-which I suspected he had on him all this time-on the ground and decide to hurl it at the tree trunk as well. I feel a sort of satisfaction as the putridly sweet scent seeps into Josh's hair and clothes.