but when neither of them had any complaints, they slowly took several steps back and out of the farmhouse and out to the clearing near them.

though pino's chirps of disagreement had given them a small setback.

izuku's words rang through their heads but still they prevailed, running as far as they could to the nearest phone booth. "hello...?"

——

izuku was soon awoken by the startled and aggravated chirps of pino, her wings fluttering as she flew beside him, attempting to get him up and to notice just what the two souls had done.

"... what's happening?..." izukus eyes slowly opened as he stared at the small bird, watching as she landed where the case should have been. a startled sound left him as he sat back up, realizing the case was missing — and soon noticing the other two gone as well.

" no, they wouldn't..." however, with pinos chirps once again in his ears, he quickly stood up and ran out, attempting to find just where the two of them had gone off to.

——

" what's taking them so long... "

mayumi's mutter came out under their breath as they stood beside their brother, his locket opened and in his hand. there was a huge piece of them that knew this wasn't right, that they shouldn't be doing this. what the hero said was right, if they give the case to the wrong person, everything could be doomed.

but there was an even bigger piece of them that didn't care — not if they were able to get back home and see their siblings again. that's all they could really ask for. they never really wanted all this, so why were they forced to join in on helping someone who has completely different views than them?

though the sound of a plane flying up ahead had caught them out of their thoughts, realizing it was a search helicopter, one that was hopefully with the police.

with the helicopter landing and someone stepping out, mayumi placed a hand over their eyes as they winced from the sudden bright light from the copter. " are you with the police?"

" hand over the package."

with a nod, mayumi grabbed ahold of the briefcase and tossed it over to the stranger, thankful to get it off their hands from now on. "so.. this means me and my brother are free to go, yeah? no more police on our trail?"

however, the man just closed the case after double checking it, instead coming towards the two of them — which had made them take a step back , then another , then a few more.

" where's your friend?"

" r...rody.." the younger soul sputtered out as they saw the man begin to transform, his left arm turning into a club.

"you must have figured out by now why they're after the briefcase."

"no, i swear ! we haven't got a clue!" the two of them fallen to the floor, tripping over their own feet in a mere state of panic.

"please! please, our brother and sister... they need us! we just want to get back to them, you have to let us go, really! we won't say anything!" however the auburnettes pleads fell on deaf ears. "they're only kids! they need us back!"