Part 5: Is it normal to name a stranger?

It was around 6 in the evening, she woke up from her deep sleep to find the room empty. After not being able to refuse Naitik's offer to stay in his room, she wanted to take a short nap so that she could forget the grief in her heart even if it was for a few moments. It's as if the brain has shut down everything because of physical and mental exhaustion, sleep that comes with heavy pain and grief will always be deeper.It was no different for her, however she just realized that almost half the day has passed.

She couldn't find Naitik anywhere in the room or the balcony or in the bathroom. The first thing that caught her eyes, while stepping out of the room, was the room across the corridor, which was supposed to be Rishab and hers love nest for next 6 days. She couldn't digest the fact that Rishab cheated on her in the same room in which she expected to renew their relationship and most importantly she paid for it.

After looking throughout the floors, she came to the outdoor area to find the man who helped her to console her overflowing emotions. A quick scanning through the space was enough for her to spot Naitik, who was sitting at the open bar counter with his friend. She was confused whether to approach him or not. After a long debate between her heart which says just go to him and the mind which says otherwise. She just decided to listen to her mind and turned around to go back to his room but stopped by a hand grabbing her wrist. She turned around to see who it was.

"Hey Aani, did you have enough sleep? Feeling better?" Naitik asked her with eyes full of concern for the lady. Her lips formed a small smile and nodded her head.

"Then come and join us." Naitik dragged her to the bar counter leaving no chance for her to reply and made her sit on one of the barstools where he and his friend were sitting and he sat beside her.

Mohit was taken aback seeing what just happened. All he knew was the girl who even refused to tell her name to a stranger was sitting right beside the same stranger for a drink. His mind was like filling in the blanks and hoping for his friend to fill it for him.

Another thing he knew was that it was his cue to leave the room. Mohit was never interested in his friend's relationship before, so it was for this new fling. He quietly moved from there without even saying a bye to Naitik, who is in a dazed state who will not even mind it even if he says anything.

"So do you drink?" Naitik asked her.

"Yes, but very rarely." her reply was simple just like his question.

"Then it is those rare times when you should go for it, don't you think?" she just nodded agreeing to what Naitik said.

"Waiter,bring us two Margaritas please." Naitik ordered the drinks for them.

"So Miss.Ani how do you feel now, better?" Naitik started the conversation while waiting for their drinks.

"Hmm, I want to ask you a question before I give you my answer." She was really curious about one thing.

"Sure Ani, throw me whatever you want to ask." he shrugged his shoulders and took a sip from the drink that just arrived.

"....why do you keep calling me Ani, as if that is my name?... Is that even a name?" She was really confused and curious at the same time.

"If I don't call you Ani then what should I call you 'miss who kisses a stranger but doesn't give her name out?'" he asked her teasingly with a playful smirk on his face.

"What?" Although she was embarrassed by his sudden tease, she still wanted more explanation.

"Well, you are not going to say what your name is, so I decided to give you a name. So it's Ani." he said as if it is the most casual thing to name a stranger.