Part 3: Can strangers kiss?

Rishab and her room was on the third deck of the cruise. Being on the top deck comes with the added advantages, one of them was all the rooms came with the bed facing a wide open beautiful balcony attached to a small private pool. The rooms are larger than the ones in the lower deck and of course costlier.

She paid for the whole trip on behalf of both. One of the reasons why Rishab is still sticking around her, even though he feels nothing towards her anymore. He was on the board for this trip to solely enjoy the ride, which was straight opposite to her who was looking forward to renewing their relationship.

After searching for her room on the third deck, she finally reached the right door step. She knocked on the room door twice, as it was locked from inside. There was no response. She began to feel anxious. She always had this bad feeling from the beginning of the trip or maybe way long before that. She felt a small fear deep inside her heart of failing in the relationship which she overshadowed with her stupid positive assumptions. But this time her female intuition about things going wrong was strong. Hoping that nothing is wrong she knocked on the door again. This time she heard something from behind the closed door.

"Hey, give me a minute." Rishab said from inside, after a while he opened the door for her. She didn't know there was a big shock awaiting her at that time.

Meanwhile Naitik was in his room. Coincidentally, his room was right across the corridor from her room. Somehow he reached his room a little bit earlier than her, so they had no chances of encounter on the hallway. Naitik's room was the mirror image of the girl's room. He looked around the room and walked toward the balcony to open the curtains that covered the magnificent view of the sea. As he opened the curtains bright day light seeped into the room disturbing Mohit who was already deep into his nap on Naitik's bed.

"Hey Naitik, can't you see your friend is taking a short nap here?" Mohit asked him with a drowsy voice, while pulling the blanket on the bed trying to cover his face inside it. Naitik climbed on to the bed and pulled away the blanket from his friends and said "Go get your nap in the room you paid for."

"5 minutes Naitik, I'll get back to my room." Mohit answered in an unbothered way. Naitik knew if his friend started saying 5 mins, it was going to take forever to wake him up. So without any delay Naitik started dragging Mohit out of his bed.

"It will never be over after 5 mins, if you start sleeping you'd be gone for hours. I can't afford that luxury for you." saying that he literally dragged Mohit out of the room all through his room's door.

"Sometimes I really hate you and question myself, why am I friends with you again?" Mohit said being annoyed with his friend's attitude.

"Stop being a "drama queen" and go to your room and complete your nap there." Naitik said while rolling his eyes and gesturing to Mohit to go to his room.

.

.

.

.

.

She was inside the room unpacking her stuff while noticing an unsettled expression on her boyfriend's face. She knew that something was up and wasn't sure how to ask.

"Why did you take this long to open the door?" she started asking casually.

"er..I..I..didn't hear you" he stammered.

"What?"

"Yes, guess I was tired after all the travel. I just thought I would lay on the bed for a while, but have no idea when I went to sleep." Somehow Rishab managed to answer while looking in the direction of the bathroom door.