Part 4: Realization and Regret

Coming to the consciousness of reality and aware that Rishab is watching them from behind, she pushed him inside his room and closed the door behind without breaking the kiss. Inside the room almost immediately she pulled away from the kiss which was unexpectedly good. Both breathing and panting heavily, both remained standing, still and stunned from what had just happened.

"I'm sorry," she blurted out while her eyes wandered anywhere around the room except Naitik.

"Well... that was really out of blue." Naitik somehow managed to bring those words out.

"May I still demand a reason for all that happened?" Naitik was curious and shocked and couldn't really gather a possible logical explanation of the prevailing situation.

She was totally embarrassed by her impulsive action, making a fool of herself by kissing a complete stranger. Never in her wildest dreams she thought, she would do that to a stranger. She didn't know how to explain her action to herself nor to Naitik whose mind right now is like an unsolved jigsaw puzzle and one thing he knows for sure is, only she has the answer to fix it.

"I'm extremely sorry for what I did." She apologized with a cracky voice followed by tears rolling down her cheeks, yet again, realizing what she has become due to this stupid boyfriend of hers, and due to all the embarrassment, betrayal she felt that moment her tears burst out even more as she was not able to hold it back anymore and she didn't care that.

"Hey, calm down....it's okay," seeing her crying, all her eyes out, Naitik spontaneously reached for a hug with his left hand embracing her shuddering shoulders, while his right hand moved to her head, making her lean on his chest and patted it gently.

"It's okay. I really have no idea what is going on, still I'll tell you it is okay, this shall pass too." Naitik consoled her with his words and somehow for some weird reason she felt warmness in his words and his scent somehow calmed her, making her melt in his embrace.

They stood there for quite a time, She letting out every grief she felt, through her tears and him just being there comforting her with his warm embrace. Complete silence and her soft, almost non audible sobs are the only sounds resonating inside that room.

Naitik broke out from the embrace realizing that she had calmed down a little and made her sit on the edge of his bed and brought some water for her to drink. She shook her head in refusal, looking down at the floor. Naitik kneeled down in front of her, gathering both her hands together, holding them in between his hand and with one hand he reached out to chin in an attempt to make her look into his eyes.

"See, I don't know what your story is....what happened between you and your boyfriend. But remember this if what you guys have is worth fighting for then you can go all the way and fight. I'm no one to stop you. I personally think that it is not. I know I'm no one to say this still...I would just like to say you shouldn't waste your time and emotions on something petty. Life always gives you opportunities at every step you take forward, so don't let your past stop you from taking in those opportunities. If you had a bad relationship this time, don't worry the lesson is learnt and you will do better in your future relationship."

He paused a bit to confirm if she was still listening and continued knowing she was. "The choice is yours. Are you gonna waste your time on something that has passed away from your hand or grab the opportunities that life's gonna give it to you and enjoy every bit of it, happily like never before."

The saddest part of betrayal is that it comes from the person whom we trusted the most in an most unexpected way. She trusted Rishab and loved him with all her heart. But he just hurt her in the worst way possible. Now it's time to move on. She is not the type to hold on to something that might cause her pain. She knows holding on to Rishab will do nothing but bring her pain. And Naitik's words somehow consoled her heart, which she would never expect from a stranger.

'Sometimes, you only find comfort in a person not related to you.' This was so true for her now. She found comfort in his arms, in his words and deep inside she was grateful that the stranger was him. Because she knew that she was regretting what she did a few minutes back and if it wasn't for Naitik and someone else that person could have surely taken advantage of the situation. However, after hearing what Naitik said, she knew that this man is not the usual kind.

"Hello miss Aani..did you get what i said?" Naitik asked while wavinging his hand in front of her face, which made her snap out of her trail of thoughts.

"Ah..what?" she replied, not really knowing what he just asked her.

"I asked, did you get what I said?" this time she knew what Naitik was talking about and nodded her head in acceptance.

"Good then." he patted her hand which he was holding. He stood up and walked towards the balcony and she followed him with her gaze.

"Then....it's better for me to leave now, I've already wasted your time with my sob story." Not sure what to do next she stood up from the bed to leave the room.

"Hey..." Naitik turned away from the sea view of his balcony to the girl's back who was about to leave the room.

"You can stay if you want to." Not knowing what to do to make her stay with him even if it is for a little longer, Naitik just blurted out his thoughts with a little filter added.

"No! just stay here, until you feel better."he just ordered without giving her a chance to refuse his proposal.

He was not ready to let go of her yet, just like the time when he was not ready to let go of the kiss they shared. He wasn't sure what he feels for the girl whose name he doesn't even know and why he is doing things to this girl, which he had ever or he'll never do to any other stranger. He is attracted to her, there is no other explanation to his action and all he knows for sure is that he doesn't want this moment to pass too soon.

*******