Chapter 15: From Victim To Villain: Unraveling The Nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Emmanuel, Emmanuel, Emmanuel." Hiyaschi recited the pastor's name with deliberate and repetitive intonation before positioning his hands behind his back.

"Your name, Emmanuel, is truly exquisite as it holds a profound meaning of 'God is with us'." Hiyaschi's lips formed a taut and scornful grin while gazing at the pastor, unmistakably expressing his contempt towards him.

"But it seems that the god you revere has abandoned you in favor of our cause. Nevertheless, another possible viewpoint is that your god's love for you is so deep that he has permitted you to fall into our grasp. Which perspective do you consider to be more favorable?" Hiyaschi conveyed his statement with a tone of mockery.

The pastor cast his gaze upon Hiyaschi, regaining his composure after a fleeting moment of astonishment. With a deliberate motion, he cautiously elevated his right hand from behind, causing us all to be overcome with surprise as we observed the absence of a middle finger on that very hand.

Na-nagkataon lang ba ito o nangangahulugan talagang siya nga si The Stripped Strangler?

Ang pastor ay nagpakita ng isang taimtim na ngiti at, muli, inilagay ang kanyang kanang kamay sa likod ng kanyang likod habang siya ay nakatayo sa isang tuwid na paraan. Walang bakas ng takot o pagsisisi sa kanyang mukha, at pinanatili niya ang kanyang pagiging kalmado sa gitna ng paghahayag na nauukol sa kanya.

"Hindi ba't nakasulat sa Bibliya sa II Corinto 5:17 na kung ang sinuman ay na kay Cristo, siya ay bagong nilalang: ang mga lumang bagay ay lumipas na; narito, silang lahat ay naging bago?" The pastor responded to Hiyaschi with a soft-spoken demeanor while maintaining direct eye contact with him.

Judging by his statement, it appears that he is not refuting the fact that he is The Stripped Strangler. Instead, he is asserting that he has undergone a transformation due to his belief in Christ.

"Six years have elapsed; I implore us to abstain from dwelling on the past, for it is now behind us. I have communicated with God, expressing my plea for forgiveness, and He has graciously granted it unto me. As a result, I am now a devoted follower of Christ, experiencing a transformative renewal of my being."

Natatakasan na ba siya ng bait? Nakakaranas ba siya ng pagkasira sa kanyang mga kakayahan sa pag-iisip? Iyon ba ang katwiran na ibinibigay niya? Iginigiit ba niya na wala na siyang pananagutan sa mga kasuklam-suklam na pagkakasala na ginawa niya dahil sa kanyang paniniwala na nakausap niya ang Dios? Siya ay pinatawad na at bagong nilalang na, at tagasunod ni Kristo? He even used 'God', the Son of God, and the scriptural passages in his delusional state.

"The previous individual known as 'The Stripped Strangler' has perished. I have undergone a transformation and now identify myself as a new being in the Christian faith. Presently, I hold the esteemed title of Pastor Emmanuel Dimasala, serving as the head pastor of the sacred temple in which God Himself dwells." There was a notable emphasis placed on the words uttered by him, suggesting that he appears to have been pardoned for his previous atrocious transgressions.

I experienced an abrupt onset of intense anger within me. My hands are trembling and I can sense my fingernails penetrating both of my palms. It appears to be accurate that he possesses a distorted mental state. How could he articulate such statements? His mental state was truly deteriorating. Did he genuinely believe he could evade the consequences of his actions solely based on his personal conviction of being forgiven by God and experiencing a spiritual rebirth in Christ?

Hiyaschi chuckled in response to the words uttered by the Pastor. It is the inaugural instance where I have witnessed him giggling, implying that the words spoken by the Pastor amused him.

"May I inquire as to how you can ascertain with certainty that you have indeed received forgiveness from the genuine Almighty?" Hiyaschi articulated the words with a sardonic tone, his voice exuding derision.