Chapter 12: Heart Filled Of Avarice

Începe de la început

"Serene, bakit kailangang ikaw pa ang mamatay? Bakit hindi na lang ako ang namatay sa halip na ikaw? Bakit kailangang mangyari ito? I beseech you, Serene, to awaken from this state of eternal slumber!" Her voice filled with anguish, she tightly embraced the lifeless body of her sister. "Who will take accountability for managing the company that our parents bequeathed to you? Serene, wake up!" Hagulgol niya pa.

I have never personally encountered the devastating loss of a dear family member, ngunit ako ay lubos na nakikiramay sa kanya sa pagkawala ng kanyang nakababatang kapatid. It is undeniable that life is inherently unpredictable, as it unfolds in ways that defy our expectations. The unexpected departure of a cherished loved one is undoubtedly among the unforeseen events that can profoundly impact our lives.

After delivering a statement to the authorities, I proceeded toward the doorway where Macraine was positioned. He seemed to be in a state of mental disarray and deep thought. Employing a light tap, I immediately grasped his undivided attention.

"Let's go." wika ko sa kanya.

As I was about to move forward, he unexpectedly grabbed both of my arms tightly. His expression was solemn, and he spoke in a grave tone, "Hold on. Something doesn't seem right here." I was startled by his immediate gesture and found myself grappling to comprehend the underlying significance of his discourse.

"The condition of the driver's seat was satisfactory, while the passenger's seat had incurred severe damage upon colliding with the tunnel wall. Nakakapagtaka, despite sustaining many injuries, the level of bleeding appears to be relatively minimal, considering the magnitude of the accident."

Bigla akong napaisip sa sinabi niya. Totoong nakakapagtaka nga ang bagay na iyon. Nagtamo ng maraming injuries ang nasawing biktima na nakaupo sa front passenger seat ngunit hindi siya madugo.

"This only happens when scars form after death." Macraine elucidated.

Ngunit ano ang gusto niyang iparating? Gusto niya bang sabihin na patay na ang biktima bago pa nangyari ang insidente?

"The typical color of blood is generally described as a shade of bluish red; however, in this particular case, the blood of the victim appeared to be pinkish in hue, with a resemblance to the color orange."

"What do you mean by that?" nangangapang tanong ko sa kanya.

"This is a symptom that is exhibited by individuals who have been infected with-"

The abrupt capture of our attention transpired when we observed an older woman who vociferously expressed distress through her shouts and tears habang binabagtas niya ang daan ng aming kasalukuyang kinalalagyan, na may kasamang isang matandang ginoo na nakaagapay sa kanya. Ang taginting ng kanyang pag-iyak ay umalingawngaw sa buong paligid, at binibigkas niya ang pangalang 'Serene'.

They proceeded into the chamber where the lifeless body of Serene resided. As soon as the elderly lady's gaze fell upon Serene's corpse, her shrieks reverberated increasingly throughout the confines of the room. It is unmistakable that these individuals are, indeed, the deceased's parents.

"Serene, how did this happen?! Serene, Please wake up! You can't leave us!" Pagsusumamo ng matandang babae. Siya ay naglalarawan ng matinding kalungkutan, na nagmumula sa isang malalim at walang hanggang pakiramdam ng pagkawala. Nanginginig ang kanyang boses sa emosyon habang nagsasalita, at ang kanyang mga mata ay napupuno ng mga luha na nagpapakita ng lalim ng kanyang sakit. Hinahaplos at niyayakap niya ang walang buhay na katawan ng kanyang anak. "Serene, my dear child, wake up! Don't leave Mommy." pagtangis niya pa.

"Mommy," exclaimed the elder daughter. She, too, sustained injuries in the vehicular incident, but her emotional turmoil due to the loss of her sister seemed to overshadow any concern for her own well-being. Niyakap niya ang kanyang Ina nguni't agad itong kumawala sa kanya at pinagbuhatan siya ng isang malakas na kamay. Nagitla ang panganay na anak sa ginawa ng ina, maging ang ama sa nasaksihan.