The bones

(Play the music)

Winona's hand quickly threw back the sheet as if it were going to give her a disease; her dark eyes barely being able to believe the sight before her. The pale gleam of the moon caught unto the surface of the bones so they glowed like gems on the bed sheet, making them seem all the more haunting. Were they human bones?

Winona shivered at the thought; her breath catching in her throat as if it were afraid that if she were to breathe it out, it would shrill into a horrified scream.

Abruptly, a creak of the boisterous floorboards sounded from behind her, frightening her with its sudden interruption into the madrigal of other sounds she was used to hearing. Her head quickly whipped around in its direction, but alas, nothing graced the wooden planks besides her. Her heart thumped continuously inside her rib cage, each beat feeling as if it were a cry for help.

Her sight lingered around the lifeless room for a moment, mentally producing an image of it for later use before she turned back to the bed. Despite wishing them away quite incessantly, Winona found the bones lying exactly where they had been before, gleaming up at her. She felt the strange urge to touch their glowing ivory skin, but even as she reached out a trembling hand to do so, she could not.

Pulling her hand back towards her torso in a cautious manner, Winona brought her other hand to hold it to her chest. Her eyes peered around the room again, but still through the hazy lens of her vision, there was not another being in sight.

Why then did it feel as if a figure watched her from the shadows? Why did it feel as if their piercing eyes were waiting for the moment she let the walls of her caution come crumbling? Why did it feel as if everything inside her mortal vessel was pleading for her to escape?

Taehyung is out there. She assured herself, her eyes quickly flicking between the bed and the room as if looking away for a moment would lead to her ultimate demise. For a quick second, the girl let her gaze drift slowly to the empty doorframe. Its crimson arches resembled that of a woman's lips and at some point she found her eyes tricked her into the illusion of watching them move.

Winona was aware her mind was playing games with her, but she couldn't help but imagine that the arches of the door were screaming. She could imagine the sound so vividly that her ears rung with it. A loud, shrill scream.

Even with the loud screaming in her ears and the paralysing fear slowly taking hold of her weak heart, Winona couldn't move. Her feet felt as if they had balls of iron strapped to them, stopping them from leaving the wooden planks below them. It's just an illusion. It's just an illusion. It's just an illusion. She chanted to herself, despite knowing deep down that those bones lying innocently on her bed were all very real and had been placed there by someone with malicious intent.

I only have to call for Seokjin. She told herself, reminding herself of the blonde man's words earlier that day. But would he really help? She wondered. What if he was the one who had laid the bones there? Her thoughts fought together like a devil and an angel on her shoulders, and she was trapped like a prisoner between the two.

Reluctantly, she drew her gaze from the arches in the door that plead for her to run through them and turned to the bed where the bones lay, unearthed from underneath the folded sheet. Who could have thought of doing something as malicious as putting bones – which she prayed were not a human's – unto her bed whilst she was out?

And there it was. Her eyes widened and her lips parted in horror.

The realisation.

Her gaze drew ever so slowly up to the same object that had been in the room since her arrival. The object that had watched her sleep and dream as its fibres twisted in the wind and its sandy brown threads glittered in the light filtering out the window.

Her eyes caught sight of the noose, but what caused her heart to cease within her was the fact that it was not empty, from within it hung the neck of a human, their limp body gently swaying from beneath it as its grip on their neck like a raven's claw.

Perhaps she shouldn't have been afraid. After all, this had happened just that morning, and the man hanging so limply from the rope had been alive, just as he was now.

The human hanging from the rope was anything but dead.

A dead man does not grin so wickedly. His eyes do not pierce into the soul of another, glinting with hints of trouble, nor does his head tilt in a patronizing manner.

The person above her vulnerable and unarmed body was not dead.

Their grin widened as her expression faltered.

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle." The man above her rasped. "Did you like my present?" 

A/N:

Nah, jk I think I'll have to regift.

Sorry this one is so short and kind of dead with my writing in comparison to my others. 

Thanks for reading it anyway love youuuu