The mansion

"Come inside, come in." He bid, opening the door wider for the girl to enter as he reached out to grab her luggage. As she handed it to him, she walked inside the building, marvelling at the sight of the internals of the large mansion. Every wall in the vicinity was of a mahogany wood, polished in such perfection that they appeared almost like mirrors, showing her reflection in each and every angle as she stepped inside the house.

It was eerie, in a way.

Both her left and right were enclosed by closed mahogany doors, shutting off her view of the rooms behind them. In front of her was a large staircase of wood, climbing higher and higher to whatever laid at the top of the mansion. Resting above it was a window of stained glass in which the small amount of light outside streamed through, displaying a plethora of warm colours unto Winona and Seokjin.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Seokjin asked as he neared Winona, looking around the area just as much as she was.

"Yes, in a slightly unsettling way." Winona retorted, still gazing around the interior. Seokjin let out a chuckle, surprised that she would be so brutally honest. Yes, the house was unsettling in some ways, but that was the beauty of it. It's mystery was it's crowning glory. "You'll get used to it." He remarked as he pulled her luggage toward the stairs.

He looked back at her, a small grin settling on his features. "Dare to explore?" He asked as he lent out his free hand towards her, the slim and surprisingly soft –looking limb urging her to come forward and take it.

Hesitantly, she stepped forward and grasped it, watching as the grin on Seokjin's face widened as she looked up at him. "Onward, then!" He announced as he pulled her unto the first step of the mahogany staircase.

As they ascended the staircase, Winona could hear the subtle creaks from the wood beneath them. The smell of dust and wood polish lingered in the air as the upstairs floor came into view. From where she was, Winona could see the velvety red carpet upstairs and the painted portraits that lined the walls.

Oddly, she could hear the tiny sound of a piano sounding from somewhere – the keys sounding one by one, ever so slowly going lower and lower in pitch. She wanted to question Seokjin about it, but she kept her thoughts to herself. She didn't even know who this man was anyway. She hoped she was in the right house.

Glancing over at Jin, she gave him a quick look over. He didn't seem like a criminal. If he was one, he was quite cunning. His clothing was sharp and his manners were charming, to say the least about him. Thinking about it now, Winona walked straight into a house that might not even be the one she was looking for. This Seokjin man could just be her demise. She might have fallen into a trap. She had been so engrossed in the man's features that she hadn't bothered to ask for Kim Taehyung.

Nervous at the thought, Winona told herself she was being paranoid and brushed it off. The house was creepy enough as it was. She didn't need paranoia to prey on her nerves as well.

When they finally reached the first floor, Jin led Winona down the hallway and past the paintings. Winona looked at each one of them as she brisked past. They were all expertly painted. Each face looked as if it were almost the real person – locked inside a frame. They were so realistic that Winona could have sworn have sworn she could feel their eyes following her movements with curiosity. She tried to brush away the notion.

Jin, unbothered by the eeriness of the house, flung open a random door in the hallway, gesturing for her to walk through before him. Winona clutched her hands together in front of her as if to shield herself as she stepped inside. She could barely see anything besides a tall window in the back of the room which lent little to no light inside. The very few things she could make out were the bed, a set of chests, and something hanging from the ceiling – which she assumed to be a chandelier.

Behind her, she could hear Jin dragging her luggage inside. He dropped it beside her and strolled over to the wall behind the door, his hand fidgeting around on the wall until he found the circular brown switch. Winona watched as the click sounded and the lights above beamed a rust coloured light upon the room.

It also gave light to the long particular which she had thought to be a chandelier that was hanging from the roof.

It was the body of a man, hung by his neck and swinging unnervingly as it lay limp in the hold of the noose.

Frightened and horrified, Winona covered her mouth to muffle a scream. With desperate eyes, she turned back to Jin – hoping to see the same expression on his face. Contrarily, he was wearing a disappointed frown as he looked up at the figure and rested his hands on his hips.

"Jeon Jungkook, you get down here this instant!" He called to the body, confusing Winona brutally. Why was he yelling at a dead man?! What sort of insane household was this?! "Stop playing your silly games! You've scared the guest!" Seokjin reprimanded, shaking his finger at the dead man. Winona gaped at him, totally and utterly speechless. What was going on?

When she turned back to the dead man, she was shocked to find that his mouth – which once was limp and open, was now curved into a mischievous grin. She watched in horror as his eyes slowly flickered open and his sagging neck straightened as he turned to look down at her. He pulled at the noose around his neck, slowly drawing it away from his throat. In a flash, he had slipped his head out of it, using his hand to hang on to it while he swung from it like an acrobat.

During his whole performance, his haunting eyes never left hers. He looked at her as if he were a lion about to pounce on unsuspecting prey. Just the glint from his irises had her fingers twitching beneath the folds of the skirt they had latched unto.

In an act of what could only be considered as poise, the man had successfully flipped from the noose above and landed directly on his feet beside her, his knees slowly leaning down so he could reach for her hand to kiss it. He looked up at her again, the glint of a hunter still parading in his eyes. "I'm sorry, Mademoiselle. I saw your beautiful figure through the window and only wished to impress you." His voice rich like honey drawled into her ears a genuine apology.

Embarrassed and slightly disorientated by the whole ordeal, all Winona could do was stutter as his soft lips met the ivory skin of her hands. He, just like Seokjin, was an outrageously handsome man. His sweet honey coloured hair framed the sharp edges of his face but was swept backwards at the forehead, revealing the dark and menacing eyebrows arched over those mysterious eyes that ceased to hold hers in gaze. His outfit was rather plain compared to Seokjin's. It was a measly white suit shirt tucked into a pair of trousers. She had seen the style before, many times, but not on a man with such a strong physique. The suspenders along his torso only accentuated the broadness of his figure.

"This one is a trickster, Fräulein." Seokjin sighed from beside her, knocking her out of her drooling as he sent a scathing glare down at Jungkook. Jungkook only grinned at Seokjin before returning his gaze to her. "I hope he didn't offend you." He turned back to Jungkook with a head nod, gesturing to the younger boy to leave the room.

"Not at all, Seokjin. I was just a little," She paused, looking down at the blonde, "Frightened. I thought he was really dead." She pulled her hand out of Jungkook's grasp as he rose to his feet.

"See, you Schurke (Scoundrel)! You have made our guest fret!" Seokjin turned to the blonde, using his hands to whisk the boy out of the room. "Hau Ab (Get lost)!"

Jungkook simply snickered at the man as he walked towards the door, leaning back to send a flying kiss to Winona. "Au Revoir (goodbye), Mademoiselle!" Winona watched as he slowly sauntered out the door, leaving her and Seokjin alone in the room. 

A/N:

There is nothing aesthetically better than French Jungkook. Change my mind.

Also, why was that man hanging from a noose? Idk-

Disclaimer here as well: I speak neither German nor French fluently, so all the phrases used by the characters are from the internet.

So what did you think? Should I continue?

Was it creepy enough? 

Tbh I highly recommend listening to the music while reading it, the music makes up for the creepiness my writing lacks-

Anyway, Au revoir guys!