He Wei patted Ji Yuning's shoulder and walked into the office, saying to the person on the sofa, "Ji Yuning's parent, I've brought Ji Yuning."

Ji Yuning noticed that the person on the sofa immediately regained their serious demeanor and mature appearance, as if the person playing with their fingers earlier was someone else.

Fang Bai stood up, looked at Ji Yuning, and saw that she was standing at the door without entering.

She exchanged glances with Ji Yuning briefly and, noting her blank expression, withdrew her gaze and smiled at Teacher He. 

"Thank you, Teacher He, I'll talk to Xiao Ning for a bit and then I'll be going," she said.

He Wei replied, "Go ahead."

Fang Bai no longer interacted with He Wei, she then faced Ji Yuning, who maintained a distant expression. 

In a soft voice, she called, "Xiao Ning."

The tone was gentle and affectionate, as if she was calling a family member.

Ji Yuning was momentarily stunned. 

She looked at Teacher He and the other teachers in the office behind Fang Bai, realizing the woman was putting on a show for the outsiders. 

Ji Yuning nodded obediently,, "Uh-huh."

The summer afternoon was cool and refreshing, with cool air seeping in from the windows in the hallway and dispelling some of the stuffiness.

Ji Yuning stared directly at Fang Bai, who was fidgeting with her hair, and called, "Miss Fang."

Hearing Ji Yuning's address, Fang Bai raised her eyebrows, "You're not surprised that I came?"

Fang Bai was a bit taken aback, as she thought Ji Yuning would be surprised to see her. 

But when she made eye contact with Ji Yuning, she didn't see those emotions.

Ji Yuning's eyes darkened and her voice was soft, "Guessed."

Fang Bai noticed the abnormality in Ji Yuning, knowing that the other woman had started acting again.

"Is Ji Yuning someone who speaks in a soft voice?"

"Please hide the stubbornness in your eyes and put on a good show again, okay?"

Fang Bai ignored it, her mouth curved into a smile, "You guessed that I was the one who came?"

Ji Yuning: "Uh-huh."

Fang Bai crossed her arms over her chest, "Did you also guess why I came?"

Ji Yuning was silent.

Fang Bai asked, "What did you have for lunch?"

Ji Yuning didn't know why Fang Bai was asking this question, but she still answered truthfully, "Baozi."

"Just as expected."

Fang Bai looked at Ji Yuning. 

"Her face was not pale but better than last night, her dry lips were gone, probably from drinking more water, but her lip color was still a bit white."

Fang Bai unconsciously raised her hand and placed it on Ji Yuning's forehead.

Fang Bai's movement was too quick, by the time Ji Yuning wanted to retreat and dodge, her forehead was already covered by Fang Bai's hand.

The heat from Fang Bai's palm spread to Ji Yuning's skin and was even warmer than her forehead.

Fang Bai withdrew her hand and diagnosed, "The fever has gone down."