𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠 𝘍𝘖𝘜𝘙

Start from the beginning

"Are you okay Joong-Gil?" Seo-Yun asked quietly, Joong-Gil knew she was asking about his past, his connection with Ryeon. The pink-haired reaper had visited him the week before and they talked about their situation.

"I'm okay Seo-Yun." He softly responded, Seo-Yun studied him for a moment before slowly nodding. Seo-Yun then proceeded to grab the tablet from her desk and hand it to him.

"I know you want to get to work straight away so I already assigned you cases. In terms of where your desk would be...You're at my old desk." Seo-Yun said and Joong-Gil smiled slightly at the mention of her old desk, he remembered the days when he would see her there when most of the team had called it a day. She'd often fall asleep on her paperwork, drool staining them. Seo-Yun smiled at Joong-Gil, she could see a shift in him, it wasn't obvious to anyone who didn't know the man but Seo-Yun did, better than most. Just like herself, Joong-Gil was happier. He was still cold, professional and stoic, but his aura was brighter than before.

"Is that all Ms Yo?" Joong-Gil asked, straightening up and dusting off his clothes. Seo-Yun rolled her eyes an easy smile still on her lips.

"That is all Mr Park." Seo-Yun answered with a small nod. Joong-Gil, this time around, only gave Seo-Yun a firm nod before making his way to the door, the man turned back around to face Seo-Yun.

"I'm really proud of you Seo-Yun. Truly." Seo-Yun stared at Joong-Gil with soft eyes, she grinned lightly at her best friend.

"I'm proud of you too Joong-Gil." She replied. Joong-Gil returned her smile silently before turning back and walking out of her office to start his work. Seo-Yun leaned back in her chair and smiled at the door, she finally had a family that cared for her just as much as she cared for them. 

"A what?" Jun-Woong questioned Ryeon and Ryung-Gu who sat at their desks. Jun-Woong had come to visit his team, he stopped by their usual cafe before appearing at the office, hence the tray of coffees he currently held in his hands.

"Every 50 years or so, Jumadeung holds a Gala, the next one is in 3 days, reapers from other sectors and representatives come to these events," Ryeon explained without looking up from her computer. Ryung-Gu hummed in agreement and looked towards Jun-Woong with a raised brow at the stunned expression on Jun-Woong's face.

"And you only mention this now?" Jun-Woong exclaimed, Ryung-Gu tilted his head and shrugged his shoulders, glancing at an unbothered Ryeon.

"It's only a Gala." Ryung-Gu replied nonchalantly, Jun-Woong stared at his teammates with wide eyes before shaking his head. The tall male placed Ryeon's coffee on her desk gaining a simple nod and slight smile from the pink-haired reaper.

"So does that mean you're attending this said Gala with a very specific long dark haired Escort team manager?" Jun-Woong teased Ryung-Gu as he placed the man's coffee on his desk. Ryung-Gu, who had taken a sip of the cold beverage choked on it with wide eyes.

"W-what?" Ryung-Gu wheezed, coughing. Jun-Woong wiggled his brows at the other man with a wide smirk.

"I mean this would be your perfect opportunity." Jun-Woong continued, Ryung-Gu let out a soft sigh and shook his head.

"Even if I wanted to, it wouldn't happen." Ryung-Gu muttered, Jun-Woong furrowed his brows and looked between Ryung-Gu and a now attentive Ryeon.